Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-16-2021, 10:38 AM

Default Re: AIR Updates 2021

I've been annoyed so often about the AIR website and the faulty and complicated download processes ... I've given up and don't use the AIR plugins anymore. Apart from that, the plugins were very buggy and often cause problems

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 08-16-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
I've been annoyed so often about the AIR website and the faulty and complicated download processes ... I've given up and don't use the AIR plugins anymore. Apart from that, the plugins were very buggy and often cause problems
Same here! There are soo many VI that smoke the AIR VI by miles and we haven’t installed them since upgrading to our 7.1 Mac Pro’s and wont install anymore as i wanna keep my health intact.

We have the IEP3 with LOOM Vacuum or vaccum and so on for sale. 8 or more in total for a fair price should anyone want them.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-16-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
... There are soo many VI that smoke the AIR VI by miles....
exactly

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 08-16-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
There are soo many VI that smoke the AIR VI by miles
You got that right bro. The only reason I want to keep trying AIR is the session (preset) goes nicely between PT and LX. But on my new M1 test bed AIR is not working at all and it is not so helpful that they are not letting me reset password to login to user account to find out if there is new version or some knowledgebase article or whatever. So I am likely letting them go the WavesHell way and next clean install won't be seeing any AIR whatsoever.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:51 PM

If their website and download process was a bit more logical, I'd probably still be using them.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-17-2021, 02:50 AM

Interesting. I tried logging into their website out of curiosity. Said it sent me an email with instructions for accessing my account. Still no email. Tried it twice.

Though I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshuajusic View Post
Interesting. I tried logging into their website out of curiosity. Said it sent me an email with instructions for accessing my account. Still no email. Tried it twice.

Though I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.
Exactly the same problem I have. I know for sure which email I have used and am administrator of that domain, so I do check the (real) spam box weekly. There is nothing coming in from AIR.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Same here! There are soo many VI that smoke the AIR VI by miles and we haven’t installed them since upgrading to our 7.1 Mac Pro’s and wont install anymore as i wanna keep my health intact.

We have the IEP3 with LOOM Vacuum or vaccum and so on for sale. 8 or more in total for a fair price should anyone want them.

I really only used Structure and Transfuser. I hardly ever used any of their plugins that came with PT, except Boom and Xpand.

Early on I invested a lot of time in creating patches in Structure using multi-samples from various sources. Transfuser was easy to use and I found it very useful for creating unique fx with vocals or other. But, it has been 2 years or more since AIR has updated or upgraded anything. It's like they just abandoned their users. So, I've moved on. If they ever decide to actually upgrade anything, such as IEP 3.0, I might take a look. Otherwise, no.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:38 AM

Agreed. I actually quite like Vacuum Pro and others but the download and authorization process has been essentially broken for years. I've given up and moved on.

Life is like an Analogy.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:52 PM

Default Unresponsive Support from AIR

I am having similar unresponsive experience with AIR. I was just thinking 'what a crap company' when I remembered how many of their plug-ins I use, love and depend on.
I just wasted a day downloading and installing Strike2 and now I am trying to find out if I have to uninstall it and figure out how to do that.
I used to have Strike but it didn't upgrade with the other AIR plug-ins that came with Pro Tools 12.8.2 I have some Strike tracks still in MIDI that I wanted to see if I could restore and convert to Audio and thought it would be worth buying.
I checked Mac OS compatibility and my 10.12.6 and i7 iMac is good and the AIR website says Strike2 is 64 bit AAX, but doesn't list beyond Pro Tools 11.
I filled out the Support form, requesting pre-sale Product questions, online at AIR twice to inquire about compatibility for Strike2. The only responses I got were auto generated emails, telling me my emails were received and would be responded to in a timely way and follow up surveys asking how I enjoyed the responses I never got.
So, I decided to download the Trial version to see if it will work.. After HOURS downloading Strike2, Part 1 and 2, and another hour to install itself I try opening Pro Tools, it takes forever and can't get past a pop-up from AIR. I restart my computer launch Pro Tools, same deal, I try a few buttons and now the pop up tells me I have used the trial too many times and will have to buy it to continue. I quit the AIR registration and get a pop-up from Pro Tools asking if I want to move all the Strike2 files to the unused folder because they are not legitimate 64bit files. ....what? ...now what? are they corrupt or incompatible?
It would be nice to get a reply from AIR...