Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: system ID not in master account???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
In my Avid account I have both an active support plan/perpetual license for PTHD (12.5.1 atm) and an expired support plan for PT vanilla (12.4). Under the vanilla perpetual license there is no way to download PT 12.4 - it is blank except for saying support plan expired.

There needs to be a way of getting the last version of PT that you have a perpetual license for. This should be corrected.

I personally chose to download and archive every version of PT that I have ever owned so I have access to them. But, I can think of a few scenarios where I could lose the archives.

This issue needs to be fixed for perpetual license holders.

Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg M,

I've created a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our reps will be in touch with you through Email.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 06-29-2016, 07:01 PM

Thank you.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 07-05-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi bigrigg,

I've already informed our Rep regarding your contact Email. The next Email from them you would receive should be on that preferred Email. Thank you.

Best regards,
Tope
Hello again,
Avid is not responding to my requests regarding the plan extension. I see it was offered for several months after March 31st. I was given no notice. This is frustrating as I want to have a new plan and give you my money??
Truthfully, without this forum contact I would have given up on Avid. The website is a maze of circles to try and get help.

Please advise on the expired plan I have mentioned previously and thank you.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigg View Post
Hello again,
Avid is not responding to my requests regarding the plan extension. I see it was offered for several months after March 31st. I was given no notice. This is frustrating as I want to have a new plan and give you my money??
Truthfully, without this forum contact I would have given up on Avid. The website is a maze of circles to try and get help.

Please advise on the expired plan I have mentioned previously and thank you.
Hi bigrigg,

I've alerted the case owner regarding your concern. He should be in touch with you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.
Tope
Old 08-28-2019, 11:01 AM

Hi all,

yeah, i'm rearing my exhausted head and resurrecting this long dead frustration thread.

I own Pro tools since the mid 90's, my last purchase was PT12(i have the invoices directly from avid and my ilok is activated with PT12 and I've used it by FORCE since 2016), of course after purchase Avid didn't put my ownership of PT12 in my avid account, i went to re-up at the end of 2016 with no path forward, i was unable to file a "support" request at that time due to no "system ID", and then I went to the namm show in 2017 and visited the Avid booth where i was told in very professional business like terms to "go **** myself".

So like anyone who's repeatedly beaten their head against a concrete block, i eventually STOPPED TRYING!!!!!!

I've lived on PT12.4 for the past few, but now i'm forced to upgrade from my stuck point due to PT12.4 not being supported in apple High Sierra/Mojave,

Attempt made, same problem for multiple years, my Avid account has no record of my purchase of PT12 and I cannot access any "system ID" to try to get some support.(again, I have email receipts for my direct from Avid PT12 purchase)

can someone please give me a lead as to how I get this resolved.

thanx
beleaguered
Old 10-04-2021, 10:29 AM

AVID is absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!

$799 and I feel completely ripped off.

Made a purchase of Pro Tools Ultimate today. I have an Avid account with iLock linked.

NO Pro Tools Ultimate anywhere to be found! My credit card is showing a charge for the $799 so I know the purchase was completed.

Tried to get support but they want a System ID. I don't show a System ID anywhere on my account, and yes, I have tried every single suggestion to obtain a system ID. NOTHING!

The only item I'm showing in my Avid account is for an older version of Pro Tools 11 which I activated but never used. I activated this with an iLock USB key that I no longer have. This license does show up in my iLock account but I can't use Pro Tools 11 either because it has only 1 activation and I have a new computer and it won't allow an activation for this computer.

I'm stuck with NO Pro Tools and short $799 because Avid could care less about supporting their product.