Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM

Default Re: iLok2 suddenly stopped working...!?

So your post got me thinking and I checked the ilok site:

-PACE offers no money back guarantee for the Zero Downtime Services nor does PACE guaranty 100% uptime of the system. PACE will follow best business practices to ensure that the system is functional and running at all times. Occasionally the system may be offline due to maintenance or circumstances beyond the control of PACE.-

It's a shame they can't guarantee anything. Apparently the only thing they do on time - every time is bill you for the service.

Another monopoly. More corporate bulllll-shhhiiiit. Never ends.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 AM

Default Re: iLok2 suddenly stopped working...!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
So your post got me thinking and I checked the ilok site:

-PACE offers no money back guarantee for the Zero Downtime Services nor does PACE guaranty 100% uptime of the system. PACE will follow best business practices to ensure that the system is functional and running at all times. Occasionally the system may be offline due to maintenance or circumstances beyond the control of PACE.-

It's a shame they can't guarantee anything. Apparently the only thing they do on time - every time is bill you for the service.

Another monopoly. More corporate bulllll-shhhiiiit. Never ends.
In all fairness I have to say that I'm up and running again as of right now.

They recovered all licenses, and even removed the temporary ones.

But yeah...this trip has shaken my faith a lot

Especially the facts that we put all our trust in a dongle of questionable quality...and a company that doesn't even have a phone number, and just answers e-mail at will.

iMac27 i9 3.6 (late 2019) / 64 GB Ram / OS 10.15.7
Apollo 8 / PT Ultimate 2020.9.1