Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 10:03 AM

Default I just ordered Logic Express

I'm looking forward to Logic Express. I travel a lot and appreciate the fact that I can run the program + edit without any hardware. Watching the video on APPLE.Com , Logic seems to be an easier way to construct drum loops etcc.. than PT LE. Being a drummer in a condo, I now have to use samples/loops for my productions. I prefer to make my own loops. Logic seems really good at layering the differnt drums. I do fine with PT LE but doing my own loops is quite tedious. Logic seems to be a good alternative for that department. As for audio recording, I bet PT LE will still be my preference.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: I just ordered Logic Express

I'm in line for Logic Pro, really looking forward to it, not to mention all the new things Logic 7 will offer once released this spring. I'm not done with PT just yet though, it'll have it's time and place, depending on the project.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:20 PM

What new things in Logic 7? And when in the Spring? Enquiring minds want to know...
-Christian
Old 01-30-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:
What new things in Logic 7? And when in the Spring? Enquiring minds want to know...
-Christian
Three new instruments, including an integrated drum machine, a new synth, and I forgot the other one, but all three looked rather interesting. I believe they're posted on the Apple site.

Also, the ability to preview and import audio files that automatically stretch to the session's tempo, just like in Live. This doesn't mean I'd stop using Live, but imagine, it's now built in to the sequencer directly. Of course, you can also import REX files directly in Logic (though this already exists).

And finally - this is just speculation - a new interface! Now, I've always dissed Logic in the past, but despite my recent awakening to how this program would really suit the way I work, I still prefer PT"s interface any day, finding Logic's main window a bit too 'heavy' and cluttered with icons and buttons. So, here's to a new look, hopefully for the better.

When?: I don't know, just a rumor I read on some other forum. Logic Pro will still be 6.xx, while 7 should come out a few months later, spring-summer, s'all I know.

Should Digi surprise us with a 'use PT LE-anywhere dongle', then I may reconsider everything, but they need to do it quick.

Quicktime Logic Tour
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 PM

Could you tell me where I can find the info about Logic 7?
I can't find it on their web.. Is it included in the movie?

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:44 PM

I only know this info from people who posted after going to the NAMM show, where they were able to preview Logic 7. I read about all this stuff on another recording forum. As for the new instruments, you can read more right here.