Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Import audio problems (2)!

I'm having 2 import audio problems.
1. I have 1 internal HD and 3 external drives. When I import audio, it will not copy the audio files to the session audio folder
even though the preference is set to do it. If I import audio from another drive, it will not play the file.
I quit, dumped pro tools prefs and the p.list files from the library folder, restarted, reset the preference to
automatically copy files on import, and it worked. once. it behaved as it should - asked what folder to save it to, which was defaulted to the audio folder of the session I was working in, and it did it. The second file I tried to import, however, it did not.
it didn't ask for the destination when I imported, and it's reading in the audio window as being on the original drive. And it won't play. The preference still has automatically copy files on import selected, but it's not doing it.

so it's 2 problems - not copying the files to the audio folder, and not playing them off the other drives.
In the import audio window, I can audition audio from any drive and the cd, but it won't play it in the session.

2. Using workspace, I can listen to any audio file, but dragging it into a track, or into the audio window crashes PT.

addendum - I just tried again in a new file, and this time, thought it still didn't automatically copy the file, it did play it
off the other external drive.

This was all working on my old machine - G4 1.42 dual. The workspace problem has been there since I switched to the G5, but the automatically copy files problem is now - I worked on around 50 sessions or so with no problem - all files automatticaly copied on import. The drives each have 60+ free gigs on them.

PT LE 6.4
G5 Dual 2 gig
1 gb RAM
2 80 gb La Cie d2 Hard Drive
1 160 gb La Cie d2 Hard Drive