Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 AM

Default 003 powers up with all LEDs lit and no control surface function

Hello, just signed up to the forums to ask this question before I ship my unit off to CA for repair. A couple of weeks ago, I powered up my 003 and the following happens...
1) character display energizes
2) faders go up
3) faders go down
4) ALL LEDs light up (not normal)
5) ALL LEDs turn off
6) ALL LEDs light up again

My headphone 1 and 2 outputs work fine, the main output does not. I only use the ADAT I/O on my unit and that seems to work fine and PT LE works normally, except I have zero control surface functionality from my 003 as that all seems to be completely locked up. Ever since this happened the first time, it boots up every time exactly like this. I tried the firmware reset sequence with the AUX7/8 + mute keypress during startup, but the unit seems to completely ignore that.

I figure this is some sort of hardware issue that is going to require me to ship it off to be repaired, but just thought I would ask if anyone has any insight to this problem, and if so, if there is possibly a solution that I can implement myself without having to ship the unit.

Thanks so much in advance,

Tom