Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Help Moving and Transferring Plugins to New Computer

I finally upgraded my old G4 Dual 1GHZ to a new Intel Mac. It's super-fast. I've copied all the plugins from my /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plugins folder from the old computer to the new one, and moved my Waves (I have the Gold and some Renaissance stuff) folder from my hard drive over, but nothing is showing up in ProTools .. not even some of the Digi stuff like Maxim. Maxim for example, it shows up in the Plugins folder on my new HD, but isn't available .. nor is AutoTune, etc .. although all these plugins are in the same folder as they were on the old system.

Is there an easy way to do this? Obviously, copying the "plugins" folder didn't work, unless I'm missing files that would cause them to launch. Not even sure where/if I have my old "Waves" stuff anymore, hopefully I can remember my login.

How do I get Maxim to show back up, though ... I'm especially missing Maxim, AutoTune (I can probably just re-download and install that) and my Waves Renessaince REQ stuff. The files and folders are right there on my Mac, but they don't show up in the plugins on proTools - not even greyed out, like they need authorizatino - they don't even make the list?

Thanks
Fred
Free MP3, Leadsheets, Music
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Help Moving and Transferring Plugins to New Computer

Are the plugs definitely UB or intel compatible? check out the compatability grid here,

Plug ins and Software Compatible with Pro Tools

I take it you're running at least PT 7.1.1