Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-08-2002, 04:24 PM

Default Digi at AES

Came back from AES.
Digi booth looked like Mc Donalds or Wall Mart. It is the industry corporate bad guy.
All other companies had developers, designers and top guys at their booths who were willing to share thoughts with everyone.
Digi was full of low range employees, no one would answer neither know any relevant question. All they had was a stupid show with a big guy pretending he was mixing on a 64 fader procontrol,that reminded me of any big store customer service policy.
Digi is the corporate evil, I'm moving ASAP away from this flavorless platform. No innovation, no creativity....just plain coporativism evil.
Thanks
Old 10-08-2002, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Digi at AES

Well, personally I'll stick with them as long as their products are the best solution for me but there are no loyalties here that's for sure. When someone comes out with something that's better (and hopefully cheaper) I'm gone !
Old 10-08-2002, 05:28 PM

I should actually ammend that last post. By better and cheaper I also mean in support not just features of new products. In fact my main problem with companies is lack of support for legacy products, especially when the legacy products are VERY expensive. Support should not end the day a newer version is released. By the way this is also my biggest gripe with Apple, I can't wait to get onto a Windows platform. As soon as someone comes up with better file interchange via both applications and OS platfroms it will give me more choice in that area. Can't wait !
Old 10-08-2002, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diegux:
Came back from AES.
Digi booth looked like Mc Donalds or Wall Mart. It is the industry corporate bad guy.
All other companies had developers, designers and top guys at their booths who were willing to share thoughts with everyone.
Digi was full of low range employees, no one would answer neither know any relevant question. All they had was a stupid show with a big guy pretending he was mixing on a 64 fader procontrol,that reminded me of any big store customer service policy.
Digi is the corporate evil,

I'm moving ASAP away from this flavorless platform.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">cool. One less whiner up here.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:41 PM

i wish to make a prediction RIGHT NOW.

just like the IRS digi is headed for a new friendlier digi or the threats people are making will become real....these type of posts are felt by the vacationing week after the HD upgrade deadliners....digi design ProTools the kleenex of DAWs

watch ...they have been caught trippin'
everybody knows it they even let us say it in here which you gotta say is really cool and if they straighten up we can forgive can't we?

i happen to think the tech support is very very good...i have not had a problem with that
i just want my MLCD to be fire wire or internal ide and i think we all deserve that perk....i can't believe they are Soooooo busy that they can't support that expensive cd burning software we all bought from them.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Eggman:
cool. One less whiner up here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">amen.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:26 PM

Quote:
cool. One less whiner up here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Indeed. Steinberg will gladly take your money. Speaking of money, be prepared not to make as much after your clients go elsewhere too.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diegux:

Digi was full of low range employees, no one would answer neither know any relevant question.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gee. I must have been at a differentt booth. I had a nice long chat with Dave Lebolt and the guy who designed the HD convertors as we all talked about the 96k and 192k frequency response. Sorry you missed that.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:57 PM

I guess you were at a different booth, the guys at the digidesign booth I went to were clueless about Pro Tools 6 or OS X. I'm not saying that they're stupid or anything but it was obvious they just did not have the info available to answer many questions.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:19 PM

Who goes to AES to learn about products? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]