How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-11-2021, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Tab To Transient Broken 2021.3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSS View Post
I am seeing issues with Strip Silence as well. Totally wonky and not right. I bet its related to the transient algo....
Same. This is so frustrating.

www.interlaceaudio.com
Old 05-12-2021, 11:53 AM

and just in case you can't work out how to use the incredible $399 support-renewal-fee floating popup qwerty MIDI keyboard . . .

here is the official Avid YouTube Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52RQBygNv9U

or ... instead of $399, you could just spend $59, and get this actual physical compact MIDI keyboard from M-Audio:
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 32-key Keyboard Controller

image:

the real question is - would you trade the incredible $399 support-renewal-fee floating popup qwerty MIDI keyboard in order to get all these bugs fixed ? or do you think the sheer functionality of the incredible $399 support-renewal-fee floating popup qwerty MIDI keyboard (that doesn't grey-out the Command-Focus A-Z indicator) simply cannot be traded at any price ? it's a toughy, that pure lack-of-velocity-dynamic can be a real timesaver when you're popping out some street-savvy beats that will become the next trend on TikTok.

image:

... and just to infiltrate the minds of those conspiract theorists amongst us, was the incredible $399 support-renewal-fee floating popup qwerty MIDI keyboard actually responsible for the occurrence of all these bugs ? they did appear at exactly the same time after all. Just food for thought while you're waiting for your support request to be fulfilled.

I've now been waiting 4-days shy of a calendar month to get a simple download link of an older version of Pro Tools reinstated to my account that disappeared when they decided to "upgrade" our services and remove download links from our registered Avid products page and instead place them in the "Download Center" where javascript-based links take up to several minutes to activate while you wonder if your browser has crashed, and then suddenly it appears, and you can miraculously access your software that you paid for years ago, and which even though is iLok-protected - Avid decided that you should not be able to access those installers publicly.

Wow, there are some great minds at work here, efficiently alienating customers who have been with this company since it was called "Digidesign", and actually functioned.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 05-12-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Wow, there are some great minds at work here, efficiently alienating customers who have been with this company since it was called "Digidesign", and actually functioned.
Dead on.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 05-12-2021, 02:56 PM

Every single day and month, AVID seem to be digging themselves deeper and deeper into their own mess. One step forward, two steps backward. Inexplicable bugs being introduced with so very few new features, every time again. Pro Tools becoming more broken than it ever was. Basic mixing engine broken. Delay compensation broken. MIDI editing broken, for years. And keeping expecting customers to cough up the (serious) dough and patience for their utter incompetence. This will have to end some time soon.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:00 PM

What I cant understand , for the life of me, is how they keep 'breaking' things that worked fine for years if not decades.......wouldnt there be a huge cat poster on the wall of thier office saying' DONT BREAK STUFF'...??!???!! as a programmer, after you broke the 3rd orr 4th thing, wouldnt they get pissed , knowing the amount of grief its going to cause everybody???? Why not just , oh idont know, not touch things that work, and dont break other stuff......none of us are privy to why this keeps happeneing......this is why i REFUSE to move up to new versions , and stay on PT10.........I can sleep at night....I will buy the latest PT21....as soon as I can be sure the bugs are GONE......ive given up on getting folders in the clip bin.....the new SoundMiner is better anyway....
Old 05-13-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
What I cant understand , for the life of me, is how they keep 'breaking' things that worked fine for years if not decades.......wouldnt there be a huge cat poster on the wall of thier office saying' DONT BREAK STUFF'...??!???!! as a programmer, after you broke the 3rd orr 4th thing, wouldnt they get pissed , knowing the amount of grief its going to cause everybody???? Why not just , oh idont know, not touch things that work, and dont break other stuff......none of us are privy to why this keeps happeneing......this is why i REFUSE to move up to new versions , and stay on PT10.........I can sleep at night....I will buy the latest PT21....as soon as I can be sure the bugs are GONE......ive given up on getting folders in the clip bin.....the new SoundMiner is better anyway....
I hear ya. It is frustrating for all of us. Unfortunately, Apple keeps changing the playing field (and breaks compatibility) with regular new OS updates, therefore 3rd party vendors like Avid must play catch up over and over again. As we all know, Protools is built on an older code base and the original programmers seem to be long gone. The newer programmers struggle to make modifications without breaking something since the code is old and perhaps knowledge transfer did not happen as well as intended from the previous coders. We've complained over the years, but this seems to be the norm. I'll admit, these bugs are pretty major this time.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3
Old 05-13-2021, 06:44 PM

I have found that the area on which you click the waveform prior to Tab to transient is important.
You need to click on the lower half of the waveform for it to work correctly.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-13-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
I hear ya. It is frustrating for all of us. Unfortunately, Apple keeps changing the playing field (and breaks compatibility) with regular new OS updates, therefore 3rd party vendors like Avid must play catch up over and over again. As we all know, Protools is built on an older code base and the original programmers seem to be long gone. The newer programmers struggle to make modifications without breaking something since the code is old and perhaps knowledge transfer did not happen as well as intended from the previous coders. We've complained over the years, but this seems to be the norm. I'll admit, these bugs are pretty major this time.

Then they were pulling our leg the whole time saying they re-wrote it from the ground up with 11 and AAX and all of that BS.... This is definitely getting tiring! They need to fix these OLD BS bugs.... Every year. Same issues. Same tired old error codes popping up. Same crappy VI performance... Same lame Midi bugs.... WHO tests this stuff????? Unreal!!!

I can usually come across most of these things people mention here right off the bat!! There should be NO excuses for what they charge yearly. They are supposed to be the "Industry Standard".....LOL

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:31 PM

Theyre poking around stuff they shouldnt be touching....thats the only explanation for hings that worked fine for 20 years or 4 versions ago.....harkens back to my earlier comments that get pulled, if you dont even know why someone needs a function ,who cares what you touch.....
Old 05-14-2021, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSS View Post
Then they were pulling our leg the whole time saying they re-wrote it from the ground up with 11 and AAX and all of that BS....
I don't claim to know what has been going on inside Avid development. I suspect even the developers from Protools 11 have been changed. Perhaps they outsource their development and code maintenance where the actual coders are always rotating in and out. I'm not knocking outsourcing as I've been in software development projects for over 20 years and can attest that outsourcing is a fact of life and economics. Ideally, detailed documentation and proper knowledge transfer take place, but more often than not, it doesn't. Avid is not the only company that faces these challenges but we, the end users, are the ones to suffer.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3

Last edited by Obsidian Dragon; 05-14-2021 at 05:34 AM.