Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2021, 08:44 AM

Default Can not save "because the process is being used by another process".

I am having an issue where I can not save my session after a while. I get the following error message:

Could not save "because the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

None of these files are intentional being used or open in any other program. If I "save copy in" and copy the audio files I can create a new session folder and then I will be able to save for awhile but in about a day or so the same error will return.

I am now trying to save all my sessions onto a different drive than where protools is installed. So PT is installed on my C drive and I have the session folders on the D Drive. I have noticed that PT seems to be creating a folder on the C Drive with new audio files that I am creating. I think this might have something to do with it but I'm not sure.

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Protools Could Not Save.JPG (23.7 KB, 0 views)