Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Students

On my course last year we were meant to go all the way up to 310 (from 101), then PT9 came out and there was a delay while the uni tried to figure out if we'd start again at 101 with the new version. They ended up deciding that we would work up to and do 310 on PT8, then there is another exam that can be done to update to PT9. Somehow managed to get up to and pass 301, I've had one go at 310 but didn't pass.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwaudio View Post
On my course last year we were meant to go all the way up to 310 (from 101), then PT9 came out and there was a delay while the uni tried to figure out if we'd start again at 101 with the new version. They ended up deciding that we would work up to and do 310 on PT8, then there is another exam that can be done to update to PT9. Somehow managed to get up to and pass 301, I've had one go at 310 but didn't pass.
wow thats a lot of work :O is that a course dedicated to sound engineering or something else?
Come to think of it does this mean my Pro Tools 101 book is now useless? :L
AMD Phenom II 965 Quad Core @ 3.4Ghz - Asus M4A78TD-EVO MoBo
8Gb RipJaw DDR3 1333 RAM - AMD 5670 1024MB GPU
StealthXstream 2 600w PSU - Antec 300 Case
1TB WD Caviar Green HDD
24" LG HD Monitor

Setup:
Avid Pro Tools 10
Casio WK-3700 Keyboard
Old 10-22-2011, 01:50 PM

It's a Masters course in Sound Production. The book isn't so much useless if you're going to take the higher version exam, it just means a few things will differ, but you'll have to know what those differences are. Before any PT10 exams can be taken, the people who will teach them will have to re-new their qualifications too.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:13 PM

YAY!!! I got my mail...
Old 10-22-2011, 02:22 PM

Okay can everybody who gets the email be so kind and post thier details concerning thier pro tools 9 status and when they got thier ilok license. Or any other relevant information for that matter. Did the email say anything about the 4 years of free upGRADES? It would help us other who didn't get any email a great deal. At least our fingernails :P..
Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashwatology View Post
YAY!!! I got my mail...
gratz dude Let us know how you get on

I'm actually getting restless. Everytime something comes in (usually spam) I get all excited to find its amazon or something lol
AMD Phenom II 965 Quad Core @ 3.4Ghz - Asus M4A78TD-EVO MoBo
8Gb RipJaw DDR3 1333 RAM - AMD 5670 1024MB GPU
StealthXstream 2 600w PSU - Antec 300 Case
1TB WD Caviar Green HDD
24" LG HD Monitor

Setup:
Avid Pro Tools 10
Casio WK-3700 Keyboard
Old 10-22-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeDye View Post
i have NOT received an email yet but i am positive us cross-grade customers will receive the upgrade.
hmmm.... not so sure..... I did the student cross-grade and it specifically states "Student Cross-Grade from LE to PT9" which I did from the retail version of PT8 and I don't remember anything about 4 years free upgrades.

All the info on the 4 years free upgrades specifically names "Pro Tools 9 Academic Edition" and the upgrade or cross-grade from "Pro Tools 8 Academic Version", nothing in my licencing names "Academic Version"

It'll be a shame if they don't cover the PT8-PT9 student cross-grade, but i'll wait to see before I get my hopes up.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacsyd View Post
Okay can everybody who gets the email be so kind and post thier details concerning thier pro tools 9 status and when they got thier ilok license. Or any other relevant information for that matter. Did the email say anything about the 4 years of free upGRADES? It would help us other who didn't get any email a great deal. At least our fingernails :P..
This is the email I received:

Thank you for your support of Avid and its products. We're pleased to let you know that you are eligible to receive Avid's new Pro Tools 10 software upgrade from Pro Tools 9 at no charge because you've purchased and registered a qualifying Pro Tools 9 Student software product.

To download your free software and obtain your Pro Tools 10 iLok authorization, please follow the instructions below.

You will need the following personal activation code:

Thank you for your support of Avid and its products. We're pleased to let you know that you are eligible to receive Avid's new Pro Tools 10 software upgrade from Pro Tools 9 at no charge because you've purchased and registered a qualifying Pro Tools 9 Student software product.

To download your free software and obtain your Pro Tools 10 iLok authorization, please follow the instructions below.

You will need the following personal activation code:

Etc.

Then you essentially go through the same process you went through when registering your PT9 license.

I purchased my copy of PT9 in April, 2011. The download is going somewhat slow, I'd imagine their servers are still getting hammered. My hunch is the emailer system appears to be running down the list of registrations in order of registration date.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
I purchased my copy of PT9 in April, 2011. The download is going somewhat slow, I'd imagine their servers are still getting hammered. My hunch is the emailer system appears to be running down the list of registrations in order of registration date.
Cool but, as brought up by barakka, was it an LE to PT9 crossgrade you had bought?
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 PM

just got the email :) (pt ordered mid aug)

unfortunately wont be able to upgrade till the end of the next week