Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Pro tools crashing while loading plug ins

Hi, I just bought a download version of pro tools 10/11.. I am trying to get 10 3 9 working before I install the other versions. I had it working ( sort of) .It was always crashing when I tried to close it when ever I use my r16 interface with it. The problem I am having now is it won't load. It stops at xpand!.dpm every time. I appreciate any help I can get.

I am using an

HP Pavilion dv6
AMD A8 3520M APU
6 gigs Ram
64 bit
R16 Controller
Old 02-25-2015, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Pro tools crashing while loading plug ins

Move Xpand to the plug-ins unused folder or any other place and see what's happening. It can well be, that a plug-in stops PT from starting, so try one at a time.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Thank you for replying .. I can't locate the plug in. Can you tell me where it is ?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audree D View Post
Thank you for replying .. I can't locate the plug in. Can you tell me where it is ?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...older-location

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 PM

Thanks again. I have the same problem, the computer is freezing when loading the Eleven Delay UI.dmp. I think I found where it is but all of the effects except one is whited out so it looks like they are not usable . I tried re installing my effects but it is saying that the feature you are trying to use on a network resource is unavailable.. I am at a loss and don't know what to do !!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM

Did you not download the installer onto your hard drive? Regardless of the plugins being 'whited' out, move them out of that folder, restart your computer and try to launch PT's again. Failing that, uninstall Pro Tools and all plugins and start over fresh.

Only install Pro Tools, don't install Air creative, test Pro Tools by itself. If it crashes, take note as to what it's loading.

Side note, that 6gigs of ram is not a whole heck of alot and will likely cause you problems.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 02-26-2015, 01:56 AM

I tried it but no luck. It is doing the same thing. It is hanging up on Bf-76aaxplugin now. I did get a message that the DigiDriverSupportDLL.dll did not load before too. I thought with a fresh install that it would load but it is doing the exact same thing.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
I tried it but no luck. It is doing the same thing. It is hanging up on Bf-76aaxplugin now. I did get a message that the DigiDriverSupportDLL.dll did not load before too. I thought with a fresh install that it would load but it is doing the exact same thing.
This might work but will take some time:
Delete everything PT and I do mean everything.
Get CCleaner and take a trip through the Windows Registry and clean out any remaining PT stuff.
Reboot the computer.
Install PT10 alone and see how that goes.

Warning: working with the Windows Registry is not for the faint of heart. Oftentimes programs leave little bits and pieces around that uninstallers don't catch and that can much things up upon a reinstall.

QAPLA!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
Side note, that 6gigs of ram is not a whole heck of alot and will likely cause you problems.
Agreed. Also, 6 GB of RAM does not use matched sticks. Do you have a two and a four? If so, buy another four and dump the two.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Hi, I just bought a download version of pro tools 10/11.. I am trying to get 10 3 9 working before I install the other versions. I had it working ( sort of) .It was always crashing when I tried to close it when ever I use my r16 interface with it. The problem I am having now is it won't load. It stops at xpand!.dpm every time. I appreciate any help I can get.
Try this:

Opening a Session with Plug-Ins Deactivated
Pro Tools lets you open sessions with all of the ses- sion’s plug-ins set to inactive. If it is the session that you want to work with, you can easily reopen the session with plug- ins activated.

To open a Pro Tools session with all plug-ins set to inactive:
1 In Pro Tools, choose File > Open Session.
2 In the Open Session dialog, locate and select the
session you want. 3 Shift-click Open.

To re-open the same session with all plug-ins set to active, do one of the following:
 Choose File > Revert To Saved.
 Choose File > Open Recent and select the most
recent session in the submenu.
Press Control+Shift+O (Windows) or Command+Shift+O (Mac) to open the most recent session.

This will confirm if any plug-ins are causing the problem.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.