Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM

Default Mouse Tracking/scrolling way too sensitive

Is there a way to make the mouse tracking/scrolling less sensitive? I have the new iMac "Magic Mouse" and the slightest scrolling throws the session page half way down the session. I love the fact that holding down command when scrolling makes it more like I want it, but there isn't an indefinite way of doing that, is there?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Mouse Tracking/scrolling way too sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackshocklee View Post
Is there a way to make the mouse tracking/scrolling less sensitive? I have the new iMac "Magic Mouse" and the slightest scrolling throws the session page half way down the session. I love the fact that holding down command when scrolling makes it more like I want it, but there isn't an indefinite way of doing that, is there?
I found I've had similar problems with the Mighty Mouse, and it doesn't seem there is much to do in terms of a fix. I turned down the scroll rate in OSX Preferences, which definitely helps, but that kills the global scroll rate and it makes scrolling webpages and other things almost unbearable. I found if I keep the scroll rate down as far as possible without making other programs a pain to scroll in, it helps at least a bit, especially if you use to the command+scroll function.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 AM

Same problem here. Also, I find the scrolling is not smooth and moves in large steps. Would love to see this change to be like every other app on the Mac. So far I haven't found any other app with this problem.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
What version of PT are you using? There was an adjustment made to the scrolling speed, maybe with 8.0.1??

BTW how do you like the Magic Mouse in general? Is the 2 finger swipe thing actually useful?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:22 AM

This is while I'm running Avid 7.0.4.2
I use the Apple Magic Mouse too and I love it everywhere, except in Avid. (so sad for Avid)

Under system preferences, you need to disable "Scrolling With Inertia"
Its under
System Preferences / Accessibility / Mouse & Trackpad / Mouse Options

A quick way to find anything in Sys Prefs is to simply do a seach for it in the top right of the Sys Pref window. Start typing "Inertia" and it will lead you to it.

Not on the mouse:
it's a little too small and a little too lightweight for my larger hands, I cramped the first month I had it, but I got used to it and now a normal Logitech wireless mouse feels heavy. Though I wish they made them a bit wider.
I love the 2 finger swiping and even 3 fingers when Im in finder to move things around.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I have the same over-sensitive problem with scrolling in Pro Tools. It's just plain wacky at times. It is also gtroublesome when I attempt to select areas. The cursor will grab the spot I want when I click and hold, then it loses the original spot and grabs onto whatever is underneath it at that point - Not the area I want. I'm using an iMac running 10.6.8, 12gb ram, PT v. 9.0.6, and am using a Logitech M325 mouse. Can anything be done about this?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:52 PM

I have a Logitech MX Performance and it's better than it use to be. You can add custom mouse configs by application and I have one for Pro Tools with the mouse wheel sensitivity way low... almost, but not quite, to zero in speed and acceleration. Then it's tolerable.

I do wish it were truly as smooth as when you grab the scrollbar though.