Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2003, 04:15 AM

Default Re: RANT: Previews at movies too loud!

Hello. Sorry Marti, it's just silliness on my part. It's just that your handle 'dr. sound' sounds like a character in comic books, usually a super villain. Something like 'Oh no! It's dr. sound! What do we do? Someone call Spiderman' That was all. Sorry, just sillines.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Post deleted by Digidesign

Old 11-30-2003, 08:42 PM

Ya know, in a way, I think LIFE is too loud. It's always coming at me too fast and too loud. Once, when I had one of my ears stuffed up, I remember thinking how peaceful it was, not to hear things so loud. I realized at that point I might have an easy time with old age. I was a bit sad when I finally got the ear cleaned.

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing life in stereo, but I wish that people (sitting around and yakking at Starbucks) had volume knobs on their heads. I'd be turning them all a hell of a lot lower. Earplugs in Life - seems like a good idea.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Ya know, in a way, I think LIFE is too loud.
very true indeed

When I am miles from anyone, far deep in the land where you can find true stillness my ears are echoing loudly. No wonder my mixes are so thick

earplugs... never leave home without them

1.25 Alu/1.5 ram/10.3.4
PTLE 6.4-002R-Live-Reason
Old 05-13-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Link View Post
Last night I saw the movie "The Missing" and enjoyed it tremendously. However, the volume of the previews (15 minutes worth) was too damn loud. The previews are loaded with the most violent sounds someone can find, and then the volume is cranked up on top of that. The volume for "The Missing" was just fine, so I know that the volume of the previews (every single one of them) was intentionally made too loud. When I complained to the manager afterwards he told me that this is an ongoing problem and that the association of theater owners (or something like that) has had repeated talks about this with the movie distributors (or makers?) and had been frustrated in their attempts to get the volume of the previews reduced.

So, are any of you responsible for the sound on the previews? If so, please turn down the volume! Do you think that assaulting your potential audience with excess decibels will get people to buy tickets?You better think again!

John Link
bump this ongoing issue with the dub stage mixers they are mixing at deafening levels where i have stopped going to cinemas as their mixes are unsafe.