Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-31-2023, 04:40 AM

Default 3 Plug-ins in the wrong path/folder

When starting my new (to me) Pro Tools 2023.3.0 it list 3 plug-ins that are missing. Click II, D-Verb, mod delay. I find them in my Windows 11 users download folder. windows > users > (user name) > downloads. I've not moved anything so how did they get there, and where should they be?
Old 05-31-2023, 06:26 AM

Default Re: 3 Plug-ins in the wrong path/folder

Are these installer files (.exe or .msi)? If so, you can probably just run them from where they are, and the plug-ins will install to the proper location.

If they are .aax files, then they are the actual plug-in file and should be moved to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins'

System Details
Old 05-31-2023, 11:23 AM

Also the large downloaded compressed file for installing PT is in my user folder. Does it matter where it is when expanded and installing? It's naturally suspicious that the 3 missing files and the PT installation (win) file are in my user folder instead of one labeled for Avid files. Where would be a more appropriate path & folder for the distribution win file. That would be a more logical place and less prone to have misplaced files.
Old 05-31-2023, 11:55 AM

I'm not sure if you are downloading the installer from your Avid account or from Avid Link. In general, it doesn't matter where you install Pro Tools from.
On Windows, you should be able to right click on the large installation .zip file, choose extract and select where you wish the extracted files to located.

Here is a link to the Avid Pro Tools Installation guide, which should help you out in getting things installed correctly.

System Details
Old 05-31-2023, 12:00 PM

I usually take the installation default install or unpack location. Thanks for the info. I should be able to get it sorted OK now.