Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-30-2021, 05:56 PM

Default Need help getting audio into AVID through Adrenaline HD expansion box

I recently moved my office and labeled all of my cables but I must have done something wrong. I have a Mackie Mixer 1402-VLZ mixer and I'm trying to get audio from my sound booth into my AVID system through the Adrenaline breakout box. When it was working in my old office, I ran the audio out of the Mackie Mixer using 3/4" plugs to the S/PDIF RCA jacks on the back of the expansion box. I have tried changing out the cables but I'm not getting audio from my sound booth. I can see/monitor the audio coming from the sound booth on the Mackie Mixer but it's not getting into the AVID. Any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2021, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Need help getting audio into AVID through Adrenaline HD expansion box

"I ran the audio out of the Mackie Mixer using 3/4" plugs to the S/PDIF RCA jacks"

I assume you mean 1/4"(never seen a 3/4"plug)? Assuming the Mackie is all analog, it could not work connected to SPDIF as the 2 signals are completely different. What is the purpose of the Mackie? If its used as your mic preamp, then a line out(XLR or TRS) would go to one of the analog XLR inputs of the Adrenaline. More info might help.

Who originally set everything up(when it was working)? If it was you, then I would probably disconnect everything and start over(in hopes of discovering something mis-patched). Also, as I don't know what else might be involved, try to break the setup down to the absolute fewest pieces(to make troubleshooting easier). If you get the basics working, then start adding the extra stuff back in

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-08-2021, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Need help getting audio into AVID through Adrenaline HD expansion box

Dave, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In my old office, the XLR from the sound booth went into the Mackie Mixer, into mic 3, and then I have the 1/4" plugs coming out of the main outs on the Mackie and going to the SPDIF inputs using RCA plugs. This is how it was set up by our local vendor and I labeled everything before the move. I don't know why it was set up that. Is there a way to plug the XLR directly into the DNA expansion chassis? It's an old system, MC 2.7.7, and we just use it to cut audio and then thumb drive the exported audio files to our main AVID.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:33 PM

Does it not have analog inputs? The pics I saw on the internet showed stereo analog IO on XLR's

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave