Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-12-2023, 06:24 AM

Default Avid Dock / Control App Talkback Bug?

I've been having some issues with the Avid Dock talkback soft knob / button. Sometimes it wont function even when TB works from the Ipad touchscreen. It seems like the Control App and the physical Dock controls are out of sync - but only for Talkback. All the other buttons, dials, transport controls work as normal. Occasionally I've had a similar issue with the Control Room Monitor dial on the dock...

Here's the solution I've found which leads me to believe that there is a bug:
On the Control App, for the Dock Ipad, if I switch the page from the Monitoring view to something different, and then switch back to the Monitoring view, the Talkback button will work as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

For info: I've recently updated both the Control App and EuControl to the latest versions.
Old 12-15-2023, 08:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: Avid Dock / Control App Talkback Bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Tools_User View Post
I've been having some issues with the Avid Dock talkback soft knob / button. Sometimes it wont function even when TB works from the Ipad touchscreen. It seems like the Control App and the physical Dock controls are out of sync - but only for Talkback. All the other buttons, dials, transport controls work as normal. Occasionally I've had a similar issue with the Control Room Monitor dial on the dock...

Here's the solution I've found which leads me to believe that there is a bug:
On the Control App, for the Dock Ipad, if I switch the page from the Monitoring view to something different, and then switch back to the Monitoring view, the Talkback button will work as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

For info: I've recently updated both the Control App and EuControl to the latest versions.
We'll keep a look out for i...if you figure out when it breaks, please let us know.