Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 05:59 AM

Default Digi drivers for OS X

When it says on the Digi website in a document dated 6th of May "Digidesign will also be providing a downloadable, stand-alone Core Audio installer on this same page in the coming weeks" - just how many friggin' weeks are we to expect to wait?

I wanna use my AMIII card, and right now would be soon enough.

Best,
Rich
Old 06-17-2003, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Digi drivers for OS X

Go to the compatibility page, it has been there for awhile
Old 06-17-2003, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutchmuzik:
Go to the compatibility page, it has been there for awhile
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm looking for a stand along OS X audio driver to run all my system sounds through the AMIII card.

You see that on there? Please provide a link.

Best,
Rich
Old 06-17-2003, 07:23 AM

Hilt,

Under the "Downloads" Section of the Support area, under "Mac OSX Updates", it is the second choice. Note that while it is stated below that it is not "supported" with AMIII, this does not always mean that it won't work. "Not supported" means no tech support from Digi.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:42 AM

Hello Mark

On that very page, the following text (which I excerpted in my original request here) appears:

"If you wish to use the Core Audio driver without a Pro Tools install, Digidesign will also be providing a downloadable, stand-alone Core Audio installer on this same page in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patience."

This is what I'm looking for. I've got LE playing through the AMIII card, I want the REST of my life to play through it too so I'm not running behind the computer switching to the Apple speaker outs every time I quit pro tools. Just having iTunes play though it ain't enough for my life.......

Any ideas?

Best,
Rich

Quote:
Originally posted by MagicMark:
Hilt,

Under the "Downloads" Section of the Support area, under "Mac OSX Updates", it is the second choice. Note that while it is stated below that it is not "supported" with AMIII, this does not always mean that it won't work. "Not supported" means no tech support from Digi.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 06-17-2003, 08:13 AM

Default Post deleted by Digidesign

Old 06-17-2003, 08:32 AM

Hilt,

The devil is in the details. The Stand Alone Core Audio Drivers probably won't be released until after 6.1 gets released (which is hear is about two weeks out). I'm gonna guess another month.

As of now, the Core Audio DL that is available requires certain components of PT6 to work.

Sorry about that.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:08 AM

Rich,

From what I can understand, you are running PTLE 6 on OSX and you have the Core Audio Driver but you can't get anything other than iTunes to play out through the card. If that is correct, then the stand alone driver won't do anything different for you. It is just for people who don't have PT installed on OSX. As for routing all the system sounds out through your Digi hardware, well that just isn't gonna happen for a while if ever. I don't know why, you might wanna post a question or email Digi for a better answer. I hope this does change though because I want it to work like it did in OS9 where basically everything could be run through the Digi hardware.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:01 PM

So, now that PT 6.1 is out, is there any news on the stand-alone core audio driver?

I was importing some CD tracks into i-tunes on a system with PT 6.0 installed, listening out through the Digi hardware. I-tunes froze every time while importing individual tracks while listening through Digi hardware. When I switched back to the Mac output, everything was fine. Anyone else?

G4 MDD, 1GHz. Mix 3

rcm
Old 07-10-2003, 04:49 PM

Hi rcm,

That iTunes bug that you mention will be fixed with the upcoming CoreAudio driver v2.0. It will be available sometime after 6.1 ships. Other improvements will include:

* The ability to use the midi ports on your 001 & 002
* Support for crossfades in iTunes
* An "opt in" mechanism to prevent unwanted apps from acquiring Digi hardware

-Ted