Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 PM

Default Lost / Stolen CD

Hi all, first off, if this is the wrong forum / section, go ahead and move it, if need be, I'm not at all familiar with the setup here.

So, about two months ago, I bought and Mbox 2 off of eBay and was quite happy with it, for about a day or two, up until my laptop was stolen, with the bloody installation CD in it. This was my first installation of Pro Tools, so it was very much a case of click, click, click, then finish, so again, I'm not at all familiar with versions or anything like that. I've since forked a new laptop (Windows Vista, Home Premium, if details are needed) and I've still got the Mbox, they left that and I've got the booklet that came with it, with the relevant code. It says that it's "Version 6.8.1 for LE Systems on Windows or Macintosh", but I cannot, at all, find that anywhere, to download on the site. I don't know should I be downloading the audio drivers instead or anything, I really am lost.

I downloaded the 7.4 drivers and when it asked for the product, I plugged the USB cable in, it found it and installed seemingly fine, but Pro Tools was not installed. I then downloaded the Pro Tools LE update, but that said I should have an already installed Pro Tools on the system, before upgrading. Logical enough, but without the original CD, where will I get a version to install?

Please help a guy out with this.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Lost / Stolen CD

You should contact Digidesign Customer Support as this is a USER forum. When you bought the Mbox2 on Ebay, did you get the transfer of ownership forms filled out and sent in to Digidesign? That should help get this sorted out. If not, it might be difficult since the original owner is the registered owner of the Mbox2 and the software license.

You will probably need to order a full installation CD from Digidesign (not an upgrade version). Since your new notebook is running Windows Vista, you must get Protools LE 7.4 or higher as earlier versions do NOT work with Vista.

Make sure you check the compatibility section as many notebooks have challenges running Protools. Keep in mind you must have a second hard drive (not just a partition of the system drive). On a notebook, that usually means an external firewire drive (not USB).

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 03-16-2008, 05:03 PM

try this link...
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23375
Old 03-16-2008, 05:06 PM

Thanks Obsidian Dragon, I have sent an email off to Digidesign already, I thought that that might be the way I had to go, but you never know, sometimes there are easier ways around these sort of issues. I've no idea about the change of ownership, I don't even know if they originally registered it in their name. But I do still have their contact details, so I can contact them easily if need be.

I also wasn't aware about the separate hard-drive, I will look into that alright.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:44 PM

I am fairly sure if you purchase the full 75.00 upgrade of 7.4 that it comes with a new serial number and no previous version of PT is required. You would be paying full price for the 7.4 upgrade since the discount price of 49.00 is only for those upgrading from 7.3. You would need 7.4 to run Vista any way. Check with the Digistore or Digi Customer Support on whether or not a previous version is required if you buy the full upgrade.

Sorry about your loss.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88