Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 PM

Default PLEASE REPLY!!!

i recorded a guitar track and i used "click" as a metronome and i set the tempo to 144 bpm in the transport window. so i recorded the guitar track fine, and now i want to add a drum loop that came with pro tools, so i go to "add audio" and click on it, convert and save. the drum loop shows up and plays fine BUT ITS NOT IN THE SAME TEMPO AS MY GUITAR and i cant figure out how to get it to play in time with the guitar. what the heck. can somebody tell me what im doing wrong. PLEASE RESPOND!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 PM

Default Re: PLEASE REPLY!!!

Hi,

PT doesn't by default timestretch you audio, but its farly easy to do - protools is king of audio editing, always remember that

1) Import your drum loop to an audio track and solo it - find the tempo of that loop and
set you master tempo to that.

2) Use Beat Detective to cut the loop up or do it manually with edit->seperate->at transients

3) Switch the drum track to ticks (and not samples as default)

4) Set your master tempo back to 144bpm to match the guitar and you'll see the individual audio parts
on the drum track move with the tempo.

All written without PT infront of me - so there may be errors in it ... but the above should give you an idea of how to do it.

Best wishes