Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 09:12 PM

Default PT v 4.3.1 and 882studio(aka session8)

Ive been reading the answerbase for days and now I surrender to ASK. I have ptIII installed (off of pt.v4.3.1cd) on an 8600/200 w/pci disk i/o card
(amadeus which passes a-o.k. on digitest)that's connected to an 882studio(aka session8). After creating a new session,arming a new track, etc, it doesnt seem to recognize the 882. I get no input(window box) and mic signal doesnt register
on interface.(shows green lite for "tape".I cant find a control panel. I cant find a users guide in the archives and I dont find a software guide for pt 4.3.1(just an addendum)I want to uninstall
PTIII and start over. Is it the software?(too new for 882studio?) Defeated and Deflated,TOBY [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: PT v 4.3.1 and 882studio(aka session8)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 11:58 AM

Does anyone know which is the LATEST software version to recognize an 882studio(aka session8)
interface? I would very much appreciate a moment of your wisdom.Thanx,TOBY [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 12:41 AM

Hey Toby,
I think you're out of luck with PCI. You probably have to get a nubus system
to get that sucker to work (even with PTIII Nubus systems I think you can only use one
of them and it has to be the first in sequence). They're cool looking interfaces, but if you
look way back in the legacy archive I think there are a number of posts complaining about how
Digidesign kind of walked away from them. Look in the Compatibility Archive (yeah it's hard
to find--go to Compatibility then go way down to the Compatibility Archive link. Look there
in the PCI archive--it's not listed as a recognised interface. I think you could use it with a
nubus project card, which you could get pretty cheap on ebay, along with something like
an 8100, and have a pretty happening 16 track (I think that's what those project cards do--
you'd better check...) running PT 4.1 or 4.1.1 or so. Hope that helps! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 10:34 PM

Thank you to Cheshirecatsmile, you are very kind
indeed.I missed that resource, but I do remember
reading where someone felt abandoned.Thanx,Toby [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 09:11 PM

Hi, I have been running PT 4.3.2 on OS 9.1 on a PowerMac 8100 Nubus with the 882 Studio (Session) Interface with no problem and If remember correctly it worked with my 9500 mac with the PT Project I/O, Don't hold me to that though.......I also had to upgrade my DAE File to Version 3.4.2cs1 just to get PT to work with OS 9.1 But I think what you are trying is Possible , But i wish i Knew for sure:) Good Luck....as soon as i find a good price on the Hard drive cable for the Project PCI i can test the Config for you and Let you know, but i have no idea when I'll get around to it?????
Good Luck