Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 11-06-2022, 06:34 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio with Dante Virtual Sound Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud View Post
Is it just my system? Installed Dante DVS. Error code CPU overload with DVS even with no audio tracks in pro tools. Upped the buffer samples to 1024 maximum, went through the checklist on this error code on avid support....no luck, Dante DVS is not working with MTRX studio. Maaan, so much promise....
H
DVS is Audinate's product. Not Avid. Maybe you should complain to them?
And Dante isn't dependent on what's at the other end of the connection. That's why you can mult outputs. So it isn't "DVS is not working with MTRX studio" it's "DVS isn't working."
Old 11-27-2022, 12:28 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio with Dante Virtual Sound Card

Praise be ... DVS + DC + Dadman finally working with MTRX Studio. No HD Native or DigiLink cable required. Just an ethernet connection. For MIXING this is great.

I was driven to investigate this because my HD Native box went kaput 2 months ago and thus my working studio stopped. Here's the thing...it took multiple reads across multiple documents, plus Avid support calls.

Interesting that Avid support could have mentioned this modus operandi 2 months ago so I could at least carry on mixing with Dante but they never did. I guess mentally Avid can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to use HD Native and Digilink.

Silver lining is now that I use an UAD Apollo X for live recording (with no latency for artists), and of course in the near future can use the Dante/MTRX for ATMOS 7.1.4. Or with any other DAW if artist wishes it.

Yeeehaaaa....I don't need HDN or Digilink anymore!

cheers
H

Last edited by Hud; 11-29-2022 at 03:55 PM.