Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 02-25-2022, 08:39 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio with Dante Virtual Sound Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
But why drag along a MTRX on a vacation and not just a compact TB/USB audio interface with enough outputs to connect your monitors? Or do you need all that IO and (SPKR) processing? I'm curious now ;-)

Maybe you can get a thunderbolt HD native box and connect the MTRX via digilink, skip the Dante altogether. Obviously more expensive, but more versatile as well.
If I have a MTRX Studio, it's not a big deal to "drag" it along. This is what I will be "dragging" it in. LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7950.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:14 AM

Nice!

Regards
Old 09-29-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the wall View Post
If I have a MTRX Studio, it's not a big deal to "drag" it along. This is what I will be "dragging" it in. LOL.
Hi, did you get it working via dante for your vacation? How did you set it up?
cheers
H
Old 09-29-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud View Post
Hi, did you get it working via dante for your vacation? How did you set it up?
cheers
H
I actually took the easy way out and borrowed an Apogee Duet for the month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4FD3F5F4-9B2D-495C-AF20-49A756E3BDF8.jpg (70.4 KB, 0 views)
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.

Last edited by off the wall; 09-29-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:31 AM
Avid

For those having issues with DVS on Silicon + Monterey, ping Audinate and mention the 512 error - which sometimes pops up when trying to instantiate the DVS service.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-14-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
For those having issues with DVS on Silicon + Monterey, ping Audinate and mention the 512 error - which sometimes pops up when trying to instantiate the DVS service.

Reinstalling DVS seems to fix this problem for a while.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:06 PM

Hi Jeff + users

This thread intrigues me - is the theory that I can mix on pro tools over the ethernet network via DVS, WITHOUT having the HDNative unit connected to my Mac thunderbolt and to my MTRX Studio via digilink cable?!

Thanks
H

Quote:

best,

Jeff
Old 10-31-2022, 05:56 PM
Avid

If you are asking if it is possible to use a Dante Virtual Soundcard Playback Engine in Pro Tools patched to the MTRX Studio - the answer is yes, however there are certainly issues to consider.

DVS can be configured from a 2x2 to a 64x64 virtual coreaudio device. The upside is simplicity and low cost. The down side is a significant increase in latency - due to it being a virtual device driver with a sizeable buffer. It also requires a bit more daycare than other solutions. Sample Rate can be toggled, must be toggled, to match the rate of both Pro Tools and the MTRX Clock/Sync source settings.

DVS on silicon seems to be improving - but was pretty bumpy for the initial releases. Both HDX and HDNTB will both be higher performance, lower latency solutions.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 11-06-2022, 01:24 PM

Is it just my system? Installed Dante DVS. Error code CPU overload with DVS even with no audio tracks in pro tools. Upped the buffer samples to 1024 maximum, went through the checklist on this error code on avid support....no luck, Dante DVS is not working with MTRX studio. Maaan, so much promise....
H

Quote:
If you are asking if it is possible to use a Dante Virtual Soundcard Playback Engine in Pro Tools patched to the MTRX Studio - the answer is yes, however there are certainly issues to consider.

DVS can be configured from a 2x2 to a 64x64 virtual coreaudio device. The upside is simplicity and low cost. The down side is a significant increase in latency - due to it being a virtual device driver with a sizeable buffer. It also requires a bit more daycare than other solutions. Sample Rate can be toggled, must be toggled, to match the rate of both Pro Tools and the MTRX Clock/Sync source settings.

DVS on silicon seems to be improving - but was pretty bumpy for the initial releases. Both HDX and HDNTB will both be higher performance, lower latency solutions.

best,

Jeff
Old 11-06-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud View Post
Is it just my system? Installed Dante DVS. Error code CPU overload with DVS even with no audio tracks in pro tools. Upped the buffer samples to 1024 maximum, went through the checklist on this error code on avid support....no luck, Dante DVS is not working with MTRX studio. Maaan, so much promise....
H

Is there any chance you may have the wrong firmware loaded on your MTRX Studio? There are details about it with the recent DADman update - https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...ease_Notes.pdf
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12. OSX 13.2. Win 10. HDN. DAD DX-32R. DADman 5.3.4.2. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Sync HD. Dolby Mastering Suite 3.7.2 via RME HDSPe MADI.