Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 AM

Default PT 8.0.5 on 10.5.8 Not locking to TC with SSL Delta-Link Madi HD

Hi All,

Anyone any ideas on this little scenario.

PT8.0.5 on OS 10.5.8 running on an 8-core Mac Pro with HD3 card configuration. The new part of the system is that I now have an SSL Delta-Link Madi box for 64-channels. This is hooked up via the Core card and first (of 2) HD accel cards.

SSL box taking word clock from a Sync I/O. The sync I/O is hooked up to dubbing theatre's AES syncs and deriving 24fps positional reference from LTC.

All is well when playing pro-tools locally - audio clock and all channels all great.

When I attempt to go online to slave to incoming 24fps (which the sync I/O is seeing - it apparently reads it in the session setup window), PT just sits there with the online and playback buttons flashing without ever locking up.

We've swapped out everything systematically, eventually bringing in a new HD2 CPU. That fixed it to get us up and running in the theatre. Things we changed before swapping CPU: Tried new session, tried different partition running PT8.0.3 on 10.5.8, tried new AES and LTC cabling, tried different Sync I/O. I didn't, sadly, think to try trashing prefs.

Taking the offending Mac Pro rig back to the cutting room and attempting to emulate the scenario, it locks up just fine but only with a 192 hanging off it. To me, that means it's got something to do with the presence of the SSL box.

Anyone any ideas? Gratefully received!!

cheers

Tony