Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2000, 12:23 AM

Default Play and Record buttons do not function correctly...

Well, I tried to follow all the instructions in the readme...but when I select a track and hit the track record select switch that works. Then I press record and it blinks, then I hit play and the blinking stops and nothing else happens. So then I tried a playback by putting a wave file in a track and I could see the whole thing in the track window, but when I hit play nothing happens...

I find this wierd...Any Ideas?

------------------
Mike
Old 12-30-2000, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Play and Record buttons do not function correctly...

Hi,

Hope you are well versed with the PT application. Still let me ask one thing, does the cursor in the edit window blink? Sometimes just a click on the edit window, in a track, makes a tiny selection than a binking pointer. If the Zoom-in level is more, you wont be able to identify it as a selection. If its a selection, the playback or record would happen only for the duration of that selection.To make sure that its not a selection,see if the cursor is blinking.
Secondly, when you hit record or play, what's the message appears at the left hand bottom corner of the edit window. Is it,"waiting for MIDI" or "Waiting for Sync" or the like???
Let me know.
Happy recording.......!!

SS
Old 12-30-2000, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Play and Record buttons do not function correctly...

Well, I was having the same problem. No one
could answer me correctly. But I played around and deleted all my other programs like
Cubase VST and Cakewalk plus all the plugs I have installed. Restart the computer and then
reinstalled Pro Toos Free R2 and now it works great both the playback and record
functions alright. I can even record and playback alright except I am having some static which I am going to work on.

Good luck.
Steve.

------------------