Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
The way I'm reading it:

Pro Tools Studio without Carbon Perpetual = $199

Pro Tools Studio with Carbon Perpetual = $299

Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual = $399

Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual is not going away
Right so I get the Carbon perpetual update now for $299. Then next year I buy the $199 update before my plan lapses. The way I see it is that as long as my plan won't lapse again I just get the $199 plan. Unless they stop selling it and I just have to pay up another $299 for the Carbon Perpetual license.

Not sure why they charge Carbon users an extra $100. Its like them saying, Hey you bought a $4k interface so you can afford an extra $100 to stay up to date. WTF !?
Old 06-05-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Right so I get the Carbon perpetual update now for $299. Then next year I buy the $199 update before my plan lapses. The way I see it is that as long as my plan won't lapse again I just get the $199 plan. Unless they stop selling it and I just have to pay up another $299 for the Carbon Perpetual license.

Not sure why they charge Carbon users an extra $100. Its like them saying, Hey you bought a $4k interface so you can afford an extra $100 to stay up to date. WTF !?
My interpretation:

No, it's effectively $100 for a reinstatement. Because if you pay $299 now, and then let it lapse in a year, you still have a copy of PT Perpetual to go with your Carbon, and it will be up to date at that point.
If you just pay $199 for a year of Studio subscription, when it stops, you are back to the version that you last had when you let your original Perpetual support lapse.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
My interpretation:

No, it's effectively $100 for a reinstatement. Because if you pay $299 now, and then let it lapse in a year, you still have a copy of PT Perpetual to go with your Carbon, and it will be up to date at that point.
If you just pay $199 for a year of Studio subscription, when it stops, you are back to the version that you last had when you let your original Perpetual support lapse.
I am not talking about subscription! The $199 price is for extending the perpetual license as long as it has not lapsed yet!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ort-for-1-year

And if you read Mark's comment above he says that the Carbon update will always be $299/Year regardless of lapsed or not. So Avid created a perpetual update for Protools Studio($199) and a Perpetual update for Protools Studio Carbon($299).
Old 06-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Avid

This is correct.

If you have a PT Studio Perp license, you can continue to renew it. PT Studio (Perp or Sub) will work with Carbon.

This is different than the Carbon PT Studio Perpetual Parachute license.

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 06-07-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
This is correct.

If you have a PT Studio Perp license, you can continue to renew it. PT Studio (Perp or Sub) will work with Carbon.

This is different than the Carbon PT Studio Perpetual Parachute license.

m
Ok thanks.
So I was right, Carbon owners get charged an extra $100 to renew non lapsed ProtoolsStudio licenses. Just for ****s and giggles