Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-12-2016, 09:47 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 & Komplete 8 Can't load plugins [Win10]

Hello there everyone

I convinced a client to move his installation of Protools and Komplete to a new $2000 Windows 10 set up he built for himself from his dying 2008 All in one Imac.
Protools 9 was nicely updated since he had gotten the update for free but had not done it in his Mac for some unknown reason.
Komplete also installed nicely but alas every plugin such as FM8, Konkat 5, Massive, Reaktor and Massive populated shortcuts on the desktop.
However I can not get most Virtual Instruments to open within ProTools10 via instrument Track>Plugin and Instrument.
All with the exception of Absynth and Guitar Rig.
I also managed to get Konkakt to open by installing the RTAS Plugins to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins.
As per http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...older-location
However all the other plugins such as Massive, FM8, and Reaktor no matter what I do, wont show up....
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
I really want massive and fm8 to load within ProTools, according to client they did on his MAC Snow Leopard set up. Computer burned out because you know Apple is garbage, (in my opinion) So I cant recreate it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 & Komplete 8 Can't load plugins [Win10]

Did you make sure the RTAS versions or AAX32 bit versions are installed and updated within the Native Instruments Authorization Manager? Perhaps you updated too far - meaning maybe you installed an AAX64 bit version instead of RTAS or AAX32 bit.

Pro Tools 10 can use RTAS or AAX32 bit. It cannot use AAX64 bit.

Do the files show up in the plugin folder?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-14-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oglon3r View Post
Hello there everyone

I convinced a client to move his installation of Protools and Komplete to a new $2000 Windows 10 set up he built for himself from his dying 2008 All in one Imac.
Protools 9 was nicely updated since he had gotten the update for free but had not done it in his Mac for some unknown reason.
Komplete also installed nicely but alas every plugin such as FM8, Konkat 5, Massive, Reaktor and Massive populated shortcuts on the desktop.
However I can not get most Virtual Instruments to open within ProTools10 via instrument Track>Plugin and Instrument.
All with the exception of Absynth and Guitar Rig.
I also managed to get Konkakt to open by installing the RTAS Plugins to
As per http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...older-location
However all the other plugins such as Massive, FM8, and Reaktor no matter what I do, wont show up....
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
I really want massive and fm8 to load within ProTools, according to client they did on his MAC Snow Leopard set up. Computer burned out because you know Apple is garbage, (in my opinion) So I cant recreate it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
First off Win10 is not approved for usage by Avid for even the latest PT version so PT10 probably isn't. It's one of those you take your chances on. Should have paid attention to the requirements and compatibility.

As to NI I've never had it populate my desktop with program icons. Did you let the installer place them where it wanted to on your hard drive? PT10 uses RTAS and aax32; where did you get the installers from - original dvd's or download from the person's NI account? If from the account there may be an issue as NI sometime back in 2015 IIRC removed RTAS functionality but left aax intact. Make sure you have the aax plugin version installed.

A good general tip on install of anything from NI is to open it first in standalone, quit it, and then open in whatever daw is being used.

QAPLA!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Did you make sure the RTAS versions or AAX32 bit versions are installed and updated within the Native Instruments Authorization Manager? Perhaps you updated too far - meaning maybe you installed an AAX64 bit version instead of RTAS or AAX32 bit.

Pro Tools 10 can use RTAS or AAX32 bit. It cannot use AAX64 bit.

Do the files show up in the plugin folder?
Im sorry I have been out for a while I'm at the clients house at the moment.
What Plugin folder are your referring to?

This one?

Better question should I install the plugins from the Avid HDD on another folder?
Also yes I updated via service Center