Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan/lat

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
So? El Crapitan was/is the lousiest OSX version ever visited upon humanity. Your sig file shows Mavericks. PT11.3.2 runs just fine in OSX 10.10.5. Who needs the latest osx anyway?
I need to update my Sig. I'm on Sierra in there now. Still on PT11

I wanted / needed a newer OS for some other softwares. I didn't want to do a dual boot - so I'm just dealing with it by drag and drop audio, and I just do SRC in DSP Quattro if needed in advance - which we've all known of since day 1.

Anyway. I see other people who aren't having that issue. So, I'd like to figure it out.

I've also sold all my Avid hardware in favor of Waves SoundGrid and DiGiGrid hardware. Haven't looked back.

I HATE AVID's model and policies. I'll never own their hardware again, and it sucks that I'm sorta forced into their software, but it is what it is - I just wish the price structure was more realistic (For HD).

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 02-01-2018, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan/lat

Hi guys, I have the same issue in PT 12.4/High Sierra. Any solutions? Thanks, Frank
Old 09-10-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records View Post
I need to update my Sig. I'm on Sierra in there now. Still on PT11

I wanted / needed a newer OS for some other softwares. I didn't want to do a dual boot - so I'm just dealing with it by drag and drop audio, and I just do SRC in DSP Quattro if needed in advance - which we've all known of since day 1.

Anyway. I see other people who aren't having that issue. So, I'd like to figure it out.

I've also sold all my Avid hardware in favor of Waves SoundGrid and DiGiGrid hardware. Haven't looked back.

I HATE AVID's model and policies. I'll never own their hardware again, and it sucks that I'm sorta forced into their software, but it is what it is - I just wish the price structure was more realistic (For HD).
Several months on now and I'm wondering if your system(s) are still configured like you talk about with PT11.x on Sierra. Like you due to several other pieces of s/w that want a higher than OSX 10.10.5 I'm looking at Sierra and specifically 10.12.6. The reason for that particular version is that's what I grabbed off Apple's servers before High Sierra dropped. Right now I'm doing a dual boot system with OSX 10.10.5 on my cheesegrater's pcie mounted ssd and Sierra on a spinner in a drive bay. I want to stay this way until I have a solid enough system with whatever known issues before I muck with splitting the ssd into two partitions.

Have you found any other issues than the import audio bit? Drag and drop for me isn't a problem. BTW I'm running PT11.3.2 here.

QAPLA!
Old 12-22-2020, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Importing Audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pool View Post
You may need to upgrade Pro Tools to version 12. Pro Tools 11 isn't compatible with El Capitan.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...tibility-Chart
True - it's not compatible. But it works just fine here.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Importing Audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronstephens View Post
True - it's not compatible. But it works just fine here.
Nice necro posting on an old thread. There's a reason it's called El Crapitan - worst OSX Apple ever released.

QAPLA!