Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2022, 09:44 AM

Default problem downloading cloud project

I am using Pro Tools Studio version 2022.5 and get an error message when trying to download a project from the cloud. It says, "there was a problem downloading your "song title"". I have restarted Pro Tools, uninstalled and reinstalled, installed previous Pro Tools versions. I have searched for similar problems that others have, but don't seem to see it anywhere. I have a Dell Optiplex 7040, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite 2i2, intel core i5 6500 cpu @ 3.20 GHz, 64 bit op sys x64 processor. Not sure what I am missing. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:34 AM

Default Re: problem downloading cloud project

There are unfortunately hundred and hundreds of posts about problems using cloud projects, they are seemingly so unreliable it appears effectively nobody is using them and general advice (certainly from me) is avoid at all cost, at worst you risk wasting time and losing your work. It is unclear why all that advice and issues are not extremely obvious if you search DUC. If you've invested minimal time in this I'd just give up on it and work in traditional Pro Tools sessions.

There are past posts on DUC that you should be able to find about where the local copy of a cloud project is stored, in case you've accessed the same project on that computer, or a different computer, before and if that local copy is accessible I'd make sure to make a backup copy of that if it contains work you don't want to lose.

If you *really* need this back you may need Avid support to help recover cloud stuff so probably best to just open a technical support case https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support. (DUC is not Avid support, but if you get a case number post it here and folks may be able to help make sure its escalated).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-28-2022 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:45 AM

Thank you for your reply. I will try to contact Avid Support and try to find a copy of the cloud project. I believe they are stored in the Project Cache. I will see if I can pull it out of there and put it into a local Session maybe?
Old 05-28-2022, 12:05 PM

I expect if you can find the Project files in a cache on a computer you have accessed the project from then you _might_ be able to open the project and then do a Save Copy In as a session.

But more importantly make a seperate full backup copy of any projects in the cache before messing around.

And see the amateur project to session brain surgery described here: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...t-to-pro-tools

Project files location: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...t-files-stored

Again make a local backup of stuff before experimenting.

And none of this comes from actually doing any of this, again I would not trust any work to a cloud project.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:57 AM

Exactly. I am done with Avid Cloud. I have a new PC and don't have the local cache and the new machinr just times out trying to open my project. I'm trying to find out if I can download my entire cloud and cancel my subscription but of course support is no help with that.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:51 AM

Still can't get my projects and Avid is no help. Has anyone ever gotten all of their projects downloaded and their account closed. I just want all my stuff off Avid. It has cost me countless hours fighting with it and lost work.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:49 AM

I created several Cloud projects that show up on the server. I have not been able to open any of them for the last year. I have given up on this distributed model. Luckily, they were all projects that I had copies of on my local drive.
Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop PC, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H, Nvidia GTX 1650Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2), 1TB SSD external work drive, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Pro Tools 2022.9, Avid Control w/Apple iPad, Avid Dock Control Surface, Avid S1.