Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 03-23-2022, 02:19 PM

Default Pro Tools - No Templates

Hello. I am new here and need some help. Thank you in advance, I have used Logic Pro X in the past and recently purchased a recording interface and it came with a Free version of Pro Tools First Version 2020 9.0. I use a 2019 iMac. Monterey 12.2.1. I got signed up with Avid and am signed in to Avid. When I start Pro Tools First the window comes up but the Templates option is grayed out and there are no templates listed. I even tried saving my own Template but Pro Tools crashed. I am able to create a project. I have XPand II installed but I have only a few Plugins. No Drums, Keyboards, No Instruments. I realize I have the Free "First" version but others I know have that and templates and Plug Ins show up for them. I looked in File folders and I'm pretty sure everything is there. I even reinstalled it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to use it and make it functional. Thanks in advance.I realize Pro Tools First is not supported any longer but I'm pretty sure the XPand II and Templates should be available even on this old version.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools - No Templates

Duplicate of https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2631017&postcount=8. Answers given there. Please follow DUC terms of use and don't post the same stuff multiple times. (You are also posting in a Pro Tools 9 Forum, that's stuff from ~ a decade ago and is very different than First).
Old 03-23-2022, 02:43 PM

Ok. I did look in Categories. There was none for my Product. I'm thinking no one on here can help me.because I have obsolete software.Is there somewhere on this Forum where I can post this without breaking any rules? I did look under Legacy Products.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:54 PM

I'm guessing Avid trashed the Pro Tools First forum. And all those old posts on how bad First is have gone. Classy move Avid. Please don't post this same stuff anywhere else on DUC.

Look even if you get whatever you want to work what are you going to do? Pro Tools First is brain dead crippleware. It's got awful flakey cloud storage, that is quite likely to eat your work. It's got no session compatibility with "real" Pro Tools. And you are unlikely to get help here from actual serious users of Pro Tools, who, like me are likely happy that crap has been killed off.

Again a free trial of Pro Tools standard is a few clicks away. Or use Logic Pro X, Garageband (seriously), Reaper, or any one of many other great DAWS, many at much lower cost than Pro Tools, and all infinitely better than wasting your time with Pro Tools First.

Maybe a mod can merge these threads.