Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Default Problem Installing from DVD Pro Tools 9 on Lion

I have a Mac Pro and with Lion OS and had bought Pro Tools 9 from Guitar Center. I know you need the update of 9.05 to work with Lion but how can you update if you cannot install the previous version of 9.0?

When I tried to install 9.0 it said it failed and to try again? Will Pro Tools 9 install on Lion?

If not what can I do? I did not buy a download copy from Avid so I cannot just download full version of 9.05 since I have disks.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Problem Installing from DVD Pro Tools 9 on Lion

Create an account at Avid.com and Register your PT9.

Within your Avid account will be a "My Products" link - follow that and under PT9 you'll be able to open up a 'downloads' section, within there will be a full 9.0.5 installer you can download.

--note from Avid: Software installers are only added to Your Products in an avid.com account if you purchase+activate software online, not if you register a boxed copy.

Last edited by AvidCS; 09-02-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Clarified the Avid Account info
Old 09-02-2011, 03:10 PM

i created an account but it never gave me an opportunity to register just asked for email and other info. Then i go to My Products and it simply states i have not downloaded any products.

To be perfectly clear, my product was already registered since it was installed on another machine. I was uninstalled and that machine was no longer working. New Mac Pro has Lion on it. I had already made an Avid account and when i did there was no way to link my pre-registered product with my account, which is totally strange. I tried to registered again only to be told it is already registered. I will just give them a call. It should not be this hard to since i have valid reg. code and everything.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Thumbs down Re: Problem Installing from DVD Pro Tools 9 on Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
--note from Avid: Software installers are only added to Your Products in an avid.com account if you purchase+activate software online, not if you register a boxed copy.

I love how Avid has the time to tell him his advice isn't true but doesn't have the time to reply to your question and help us all out!

I'm having the same issue. Have a new mac pro on lion. can't install SL. can't install PT9 from a brand new retail DVD. can't download from the site.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Me too, same problem, Hello Avid?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM

After you install PT9 DON'T try to start it. Just install PT9.0.5 straight over it - then start PT9.0.5.

I have PT9.0.5 running on a MBP with Lion - it worked perfectly following those steps.