Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 01-11-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Sign here to get Masterlist CD integrated into Protools

count me in, [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 08:48 PM

Fight the power!!
Old 01-19-2003, 06:29 AM

Some kind of CD program would be nice for OSX.
I spent a lot on Masterlist, even bought a floppy drive to add it to my set up. I've replaced it with masterlink now. I would like to have a high speed bounce to disc though.
I hope Pro Tools 6.0 isn't headed for the same fate. DOA [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 09:08 PM

Digidesign please wake up!Give us Version 6.1 of PT/TDM2 with CD/DVD/DDP format compatibility for us hard working mastering engineers who dared to stick it out with you even though the Sadie & Sonic guy scoffed an spat on us all these years since MLCD & PT3 w/TDM.

Come on you gave us the holy grail of recording & mixing...the next step is....duhhhh! You've got my signature! (InspireMedia Mastering, Atlanta) [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 11:14 PM

Sign Me Up...would love it....it's so said that MasterList is toast (all puns intended)
Old 01-25-2003, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Huby SEA:
Since Protools-TDM can only bounce in realtime, the image file becomes inevatable..
It would be realy nice if Protools 6.x could spew out an image file for a CD-DA, a DVD-A, a SACD, a Dolby-Digital or Dolby-E file, with indexes, markers and info's included, and all you needed to do is to drop it onto Toast, or write it to an Exa or DLT with Retrospect, or ftp it to the pressing-plant. Now THIS would mean progress, not some pale adaption of a 1987-ish piece of s(h)oftware.
but hey, we all have dreams, don't we?

Greetings,

Huby
YES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YESYES YES
Old 02-09-2003, 06:05 AM

yes

Digi, can you hear the sound of OPPORTUNITY ?
Old 02-09-2003, 03:04 PM

Absolutely - an extraordinary decision to stop support for MLCD. Integrate it into PT.

In addition, they should bring back support for DDP/Exabyte. Why on earth was this world-standard for CD production ever dropped by Digi?!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:00 PM

Yes Count me in... finally an integrated solution...
Old 05-12-2003, 03:42 AM

Something really professional would be a program that would create every type of image file that now exists (with updates as newly colored books present themselves). To send out masters on an acceptable format for replication (remember 1630?, my ssl screensound had a DDP backup in 1993), or to burn them for short run demo copy purposes or to make multi-session 1 offs for mix or mastering sessions or to give to your Mom before anyone else gets it.
This would be really helpful, I don't see why it would have to be incorporated into PT though. You should be able to import, convert format and sequence from any existing audio file. There are some other programs that can already do this.
I master directly in PT because I can make dynamic changes and eq moves that are impossible with MasterList. I use Masterlist only for sequencing, adjusting volumes between tracks, IRSC etc...