Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-06-2003, 06:35 AM

Default Re: A Forum in Spanish

My friend Camilo Orozco had said it right!!!

The international community from our Getto Countries will be happy.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:56 AM

count my vote too
Old 03-06-2003, 08:28 AM

Hola. No se que tan factible sea esta idea, pero espero que Digidesign aunque sea le de una consideracion. De cualquier manera, me uno al voto. Mexicano, viviendo en EU.

Hello. Add my name to the petition.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Froyo:
Hola. No se que tan factible sea esta idea, pero espero que Digidesign aunque sea le de una consideracion. De cualquier manera, me uno al voto. Mexicano, viviendo en EU.

Hello. Add my name to the petition.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">don't forget to check "Alos que hablamos español".
Old 03-07-2003, 10:35 AM

Even with just a few people It looks like this:

80% yes

20% no

Without doubt, YES to the people with vision. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:16 AM

chuck,
I certainly wouldn't think that one person counts for 20% of anything. I don't know what motivated him to say that, but I don't think anybody else shares that opinion. Better communication is always a good idea, in my opinion.
A Spanish speaking forum would not take away anything from this English forum. Even now, we have a choice of which forums to post in (pc, Mac, TDM, etc.), so adding one more would only widen Digi's customer base, I would think.
Digidesign will (understandably) have to see it as beneficial to business before they would consider doing it here. It may turn out that you would have to set up a forum yourself (which is very possible). IF you end up pursuing this route, I'm sure Digi won't see it as advertising (which is not allowed) if you post the site of the new forum at any time.
But this is Digidesign's forum, and how it's set up is up to them.
Those are just my thoughts... best of luck... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] -Roy
Old 03-07-2003, 11:27 AM

This is my vote for the spanish forum.

...coming soon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffinmarin:
I think this would just futher divide us and keep all of us gettoized. That's what every study I've read on bi-lingualism concludes. If you start with 2 languages, why not 3 or 17 or you get my point. If you use pro tools,you must know enuf english to read this site.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your statement is quite bigoted. I do not even need to explain to the rest of the forum why I think this. I think your posts pretty much explains it for me.

Maybe reading THIS will help us understand you more.

Oh, I am all for any and all language forums that Digi would like to offer. I find it interesting. Music is universal, and holds no language boundary.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:08 PM

Roy, what prompts me to say this is that ugly little thing called FACTS. Bi-lingualism just DIVIDES people into seperate groups. I'm for keeping ALL of us EQUAL and in the SAME group.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:31 PM

Well OK, jeff... if you insist...

Your concept makes no sense whatsoever, offers no feasible solution, but most of all, makes it obvious that you don't even care to help these Spanish speaking people. So, why would you even post here, if you offer no solution? What good does that do anybody? It's offensive, Jeff, and I shouldn't have to be telling you this in this thread.

Your solution to those who speak only Spanish is that they have to learn English? How would you feel if the tables were turned, and you were trying to somehow unite English speaking people to help each other with PT? These people have the same issues with ProTools as anybody, and deserve to be able to discuss them. A separate forum to help them work things out would be a good thing. It has nothing to do with being 'ghettoized', jeff, and I have no idea where you could have even come up with that. You wouldn't even have to see it if you chose not to.
Now, please, spare me the 'article' or whatever that's made you an expert on this, because it's irrelevant to the good of this topic.

Now having said that, I do not want to cause or hold grudges with anybody , especially here on the DUC. But if you call me into a 'discussion', I will be forced to tell you the way I see things. I hope we can be friends, and leave it at that.

-Roy