Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2016, 04:26 PM

Default system ID not in master account???

Hello,
seriously AVID??? You won't allow me to send a customer request for help without entering a system ID. THAT is the problem. There is no system ID in my account. I sign into my master avid account and it shows NO Pro Tools system. I am linked to my Ilok. I've used Pro Tools since 2010 and I have version 11. I want to download or reinstall and I have no options like I've never purchased. The website and "help" "contact" is brutal.
I literally cant contact Avid about seeing no Pro Tools or system ID for the very reason that I cant see Pro Tools or system ID in my account. Yes I am raging.
So frustrating. Horrible user experience with the Avid site. Going around in circles. Shocker people are leaving Avid.

so.....does anyone have helpful advice on how to find my system ID or to have my legit paid for Pro Tools show up in my master account?
Thank you.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:31 PM

Default Re: system ID not in master account???

You won't have an ID if you have not upgraded to Pro Tools 12.

Did you register your Pro Tools 11 serial number on Avid.com when you purchased it? It should be in your account under My Products and Subscriptions if you registered it.

Alternatively you could always request the free demo here and download Pro Tools 11. It's the same version, your iLok license will unlock it.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-19-2016, 06:13 PM

Thank you for your help. The trial version offers version 11.3.0 as the download. I believe the last offering was 11.3.2? I have 11.3.1.
Also, how would I ever download or do a fresh install again with my perpetual license when I have no option in my account?
Quite honestly, this is a poor (I could use much harsher words) user system for both authorization and communication with Avid.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:20 PM

hey

As Brian stated, if you have bought a PT11 license you should have the links for download both PT11 and AIR bundled plugi s from your Avid account.

How did you register your copy at Avid to get the PT11 download links?

And 11.3.2 is only if you have a subscription / annual plan for PT12 so the latest is 11.3.1 if you aren't on a plan.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
hey

As Brian stated, if you have bought a PT11 license you should have the links for download both PT11 and AIR bundled plugi s from your Avid account.

How did you register your copy at Avid to get the PT11 download links?

And 11.3.2 is only if you have a subscription / annual plan for PT12 so the latest is 11.3.1 if you aren't on a plan.
I have no links in my PT avid account. That is my complaint. I originally purchased PT 8. Then I upgraded to PT 11 at end of 2014. I have it linked with my Ilok account. It is all legit. I have no memory of how I registered etc from 1 1/2 yrs ago. It is annoying that my account shows I don't have an ownership. How do I have this in my Ilok account and not my Avid.
I can't ever download again?? Nonsense.
My annual plan ran out so I won't get 11.3.2 but I should always have the option of download and install? Again, why so difficult to contact Avid and get help? How do I upgrade to PT 12 when my Avid account shows I don't own PT 11?? Please understand my frustrations are not towards anyone on this forum, but simply Avid's horrible set up for customers.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Avid

Hi bigrig,

Please check the "Products Not Yet Downloaded" section of your Avid Master Account.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi bigrig,

Please check the "Products Not Yet Downloaded" section of your Avid Master Account.

Best regards,
Tope
Hello,
under my "products not yet downloaded" it shows me Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 update.
It then states my iLok ID:XXXX and lists Licenses:Pro Tools 12 Bundle

It states no download available, product is code only or available on purchased discs.

I have no purchased discs, as this was a download from AVID for PT 11.

The Pro Tools upgrade support plan license now shows up in my Ilok account as 0 of 1 activations.
Should I activate and what to expect next?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigg View Post
Hello,
under my "products not yet downloaded" it shows me Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 update.
It then states my iLok ID:XXXX and lists Licenses:Pro Tools 12 Bundle

It states no download available, product is code only or available on purchased discs.

I have no purchased discs, as this was a download from AVID for PT 11.

The Pro Tools upgrade support plan license now shows up in my Ilok account as 0 of 1 activations.
Should I activate and what to expect next?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi bigrigg,

Please check your Avid Account under My Products and Subscriptions, Under Crossgrade from PT MP (Download)
Hope all is set now. Have a good day.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 06-21-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi bigrigg,

Please check your Avid Account under My Products and Subscriptions, Under Crossgrade from PT MP (Download)
Hope all is set now. Have a good day.

Best regards,
Tope
Thank you Tope!
I can finally see my system ID #. Unfortunately, and for the first time I am seeing my upgrade plan just expired 2 months ago. I believe since I never activated it (iLok or downloaded) I was unaware and of course, causing me the system ID issues etc. Is there anyway I can do the PT 12 upgrade within my plans cost of $99? I never received the info or "warning" of expiry as it wasn't showing on my master account until now.
Thank you for your help and offerings.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigg View Post
Thank you Tope!
I can finally see my system ID #. Unfortunately, and for the first time I am seeing my upgrade plan just expired 2 months ago. I believe since I never activated it (iLok or downloaded) I was unaware and of course, causing me the system ID issues etc. Is there anyway I can do the PT 12 upgrade within my plans cost of $99? I never received the info or "warning" of expiry as it wasn't showing on my master account until now.
Thank you for your help and offerings.
Hi bigrigg,

I've created a ticket regarding your concern. Our reps will be in touch with you through phone or Email to further help you with your concern. Have a good day!

Best regards,
Tope