Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 05-12-2000, 05:44 PM

Default Midi test and OMS

When I do a midi test in OMS by clicking on the Sample Cell icon very interesting voicings come up. Is there a way to know what midi notes are playing and the channel they are coming from. I know I could do a "take-down", but some of them are very bizarre, yet interesting. Thanks, Dell
Old 05-12-2000, 09:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: Midi test and OMS

ekah
Here is the deal. First, what your hearing
is all 16 channels at once, then as you click it plays random voices from sample cell and what ever samples you have loaded in. You can delete all the samples from ram by delete samples function or just delete the sample cell preferences in the system folder and restart the computer. the "test midi" is just to make shure you have communication in the
from OMS and your instrument. Yes I agree it sounds "intresting when they play back at the same time.
Mj
Old 05-20-2000, 12:01 AM

Dear Tech Supt. Thank you for your response. I would still like to know if there is any way to determine the note number on each of the sixteen channels playing when I do a "test studio" in OMS as I am testing Sample Cell. Some very interesting combinations and voicings come up and I would like to know what they are. Your response to my original inquiry follows this message. Thank you, Dell

quote:
Originally posted by TechSupt:
ekah
Here is the deal. First, what your hearing
is all 16 channels at once, then as you click it plays random voices from sample cell and what ever samples you have loaded in. You can delete all the samples from ram by delete samples function or just delete the sample cell preferences in the system folder and restart the computer. the "test midi" is just to make shure you have communication in the
from OMS and your instrument. Yes I agree it sounds "intresting when they play back at the same time.
Mj

Old 05-20-2000, 12:17 AM
Avid

ekah
from what I understand it is random.
Mj