Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Default I just upgraded, having trouble, now what??

Hello to anyone who can help...

I just bought Mbox MINI w/Pro Tools LE 7. I loaded it on my NEW MacBook which I just got all loaded up over the course of the week. I installed PT LE 7 along with the 7.3.1 Updater and had several problems once I tried to get everything up and running.

The Apple system that I have to work with is the newest MacBook w/Intel Core Duo @ 2 Ghz, 2 gigs ram, Leopard 10.5.5 with the product number MB466LL/A.

Well, I do some digging on the Digidesign website and look up what is considered a "qualified" Pro Tools computer system. Apparently, there are some compatibility issues with the Leopard operating system and Pro Tools LE 7.3.1. The list basically places my product number for my MacBook under the incompatible list.

Then I do some further digging and find out, however, that 7.4 will run under the Leopard operating system. There is a link to download an update for 7.4 and I go ahead and d/l the file, set it up, install the program and when it asks me for the auth code, I type it in and it tells me that's the wrong auth code (I used the same auth code that I used to install 7.3.1).

Then I get to a point earlier today where I figure I will give the M-Powered version a whirl since I have it installed on my Windows system and after getting everything up and running, I get an error telling me that it can't find any drivers for M-audio devices. I figured as much, I just thought I'd try. So now, where I'm at is digging around again and finding out that I have to register my purchased version of Pro Tools LE in order to get the latest update that will run on my Leopard operating system which is the latest version of PT LE 7.4.

So am I safe to assume that if I install the whole pap-shmeer again that once I get up and running, I should register my copy of PT LE 7.3 and then I will be able to update to 7.4 without any Auth code problems or am I going to have to shell out some more $$$ in order to get this to run on my system?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

p5000