Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 07:42 PM

Default LE 5.2 help!!: "magic id does not match"?!?!

PT LE 5.2 help: "magic id does not match"?!!! hi
i'm having a pretty strange experience (actually i'm starting to panic). . .

when i try to save a particular session i'm working on i have been getting the "application has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type 2 occurred. . ." so i close out, restart, etc.

when i go back to the file there is a new session with a gibberish name like "abYBQ6Yhq6C8q". . . when i try to open it (thinking it is something that was automatically saved before the crash) i get the message "magic id does not match." i don't really care about these mystery sessions or their magic id issues except . . . it's weird.

i haven't lost much at all because i saved often up until this problem started, but there is no point working any further on a session that i can't save!! i don't really know what to do.

i have tried copying everything to another hard drive and opening from there. (i don't know why that would help, but i thought i'd give it a shot) but same problem when i try to save. . .

this isn't happening with any other sessions that i opened and tested. it's just this one song that i'm working on.

any ideas?!

THANKS
Old 03-08-2003, 05:42 AM

Default Re: LE 5.2 help!!: "magic id does not match"?!?!

abYBQ6Yhq6C8q sounds like the crazy name fades are usually given. I think you're session is corrupt.

Create a brand new session with the same samplerate and bitrate settings as the corrupt session, Call this "BACKUP 1" or something, then import the tracks from the corrupt session into the new one.

Save a copy of the new session as "BACKUP 2" so it's forced to re-create any of the audio files, this eliminates the possibility of a corrupt audio files being the problem.

Delete "BACKUP 1" because you don't need it anymore, "BACKUP 2" should be a perfectly working session!

Hope this works. If not the only thing I can think of is that you've got corrupt preferences and you should delete both the protools preferences and the DAE preferences so PT and DAE are forced to create new one's when you open them again.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:25 AM

thanks! i'll try this.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:11 AM

YES! this worked. thanks again, WF