How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2022, 05:10 PM

Default HUI Compatibility

Hey Everyone,

So I received my Bachelors Degree in Audio Engineering learning on Pro Tools, I've since found a passion for Ableton Live and have been learning Ableton Exclusively due to it's link capabilities with DJ Software such as Serato DJ Pro, Rekordbox DJ, etc. I recently discovered that the Avid Control, Avid Dock and Avid S1 all have HUI Compatibility with Ableton Live, but surprisingly, the S3 up to S6 do not, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to why this is the case... I mean, granted Ableton Live is primarily geared towards Live, Clip-based performance, since the release of Live 11 they are moving towards the middle of the road, offering features found in softwares like Pro Tools, such as Comping that is turning Ableton Live into a more well-rounded DAW.

I was really hoping to use the S4 with Ableton and use the Avid Dock as a DAW Remote for a tracking musician, but without the HUI Compatibility for the S4, this just won't be possible... It's really frustrating and disappointing...
Old 04-26-2022, 11:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: HUI Compatibility

The S3 does have HUI compatibility, the S4/S6 don't, sorry. The reason is that its 0.0001% of S4/S6 customers but 5% of the software test work.