Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2022, 09:20 AM

Default Re: FS: Pro Tools Perpetual License w/ updates through 2027

The original owner obviously purchased it when it was cheaper, some 2-3 years ago. Before Avid increased the pricing.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
The original owner obviously purchased it when it was cheaper, some 2-3 years ago. Before Avid increased the pricing.
I'm the original purchaser. I figured I'd weigh in to help this move along more simply. You're right. When Avid announced the price increase from $99 per year to $199 per year, I bought up a lot of years to save myself a bit of money. But then Carbon came along and Avid did the promo where they included Ultimate and I decided to stick with that. I tried to get Avid to give me credit towards purchasing a year's update for Ultimate, since that's $400 a year) but they wouldn't do that so that left me with the license paid up through Sept 2027 that I had no use for anymore.

npapaleo bought it from me but he thought it was the Ultimate license and by the time he realized that it was the regular PT license, the paperwork was already submitted and it was too late to reverse course. In fact, the next day the transfer went through.

For what it's worth, everything about the deal with npapaleo went smoothly. I'd have no qualms about dealing with him again. He's seems a trustworthy gent.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:00 AM

Ok sounds good! Thanks so much for clarifying this..
Old 02-19-2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedolphin View Post
Ok sounds good! Thanks so much for clarifying this..
No problem. I felt bad about what happened with Nicholas. If there would have been an easy way to cancel the sale, I'd have done it but with the paperwork already submitted there was no way to predict what kind of mess trying to cancel might have caused or if it was even possible at that point. I suspect there was nothing that could have been done because I think it was only about 12 hours between the time Nicholas realized his error and the time the transfer became official ...and some of that time had to be Avid waiting on iLok to deposit the license, so it may have been out of Avid's hands by then as well.

For what it's worth, Avid only took a couple of days to get the transfer done. I'd seen some stories where people said it took a couple of weeks but maybe Avid now has this process streamlined somehow. That's not a guaranteed result but it was surprising to me.

Jim
Old 02-22-2022, 09:16 PM

price drop:

$750
Old 02-24-2022, 02:42 AM

Ok I'll bite! This is just too good a deal to pass up :) Thanks to both of you guys for everything!
Npapaleo I'll send you a PM.
Blessings & thanks!
Old 03-01-2022, 02:03 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that everything with npapaleo went great and the Pro Tools licence is already in it's new home

Also want to thank JTC111 for his help clarifying things and vouching for npapaleo.

Great work guys!
Blessings and thanks.