Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2002, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Sonic\'s NoNoise is coming to Pro Tools HD

Are you guys reading the same post from "The Chinese"
Old 05-17-2002, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Manela:
"The Sonic Solutions NoNOISE Bundle ... is targeted for a mid-May 2002 release."

Any update?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BUMP Any update from digi?
Old 05-20-2002, 05:03 PM

I thought quite a bit about buying the NoNoise or the Waves-Bundle. Still not shure - but - have a look at the NASDAQ - this did open my mind a bit - maybe i better go for waves... sonic my not stay for long...
Old 05-21-2002, 12:48 AM

The Chinese-
Quote:
They Sold the license to Digidesign WITHOUT the knowledge of the sonic audio company, Thus the controversy-They didn't tell anyone, including the Sonic audio people, until NAB.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Andy Moorer, at least, was well aware of the licensing long before NAB. He had already been out here to explain the code and algorithms to me.

Quote:
As for audio quality, I woulldn't expect it to be as good-The PT DSP's are vastly different from the SONIC DSP's.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The dsps are actually from the same Motorola family. However, Sonic allows non-realtime processes to run on dsps and these have to be ported to the host to run on Pro Tools.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:42 PM

[quote]Originally posted by F Umminger:
Quote:
Andy Moorer, at least, was well aware of the licensing long before NAB. He had already been out here to explain the code and algorithms to me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Andy Moorer, although one of the original designers of Sonic, does not work for Sonic Studio LLC. Thus the guys in sonic Studio LLC weren't made aware of the licensing deal. I'm not trying to insinuate that Digidesign did anything wrong, just saying that the licensing deal could hurt the future of Sonic Studio LLC. However, I do understand that Digi must do what is in it's best interests as far as it's clientele...
Quote:
The dsps are actually from the same Motorola family. However, Sonic allows non-realtime processes to run on dsps and these have to be ported to the host to run on Pro Tools.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Will this host be able to work? With all the BG processes going on, OS PT etc. will we need dual processor mac's to do our decrackles?
Peace-
Todd A.