Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 12:08 AM

Default transfering sessions from TDM to Mbox

i knew i could only use 24 tracks with my Mbox, but i'm confused about a few things. the top 3 tracks in my session are Master, and two tracks for reverb. after transfer, those 3 tracks remain useable, however, the next 6 are " grey'ed out " ( unuseable ). what is the method by which Mbox decides which tracks to comprimise when transfering? also, what can i do before transfer (or after if possible) to be in control of which tracks are chosen?
lastly, anything key i should keep in mind about plug ins etc. that may also need to be taken care of before transfer?
thank you so much... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: transfering sessions from TDM to Mbox

Quote:
Originally posted by caz:
what is the method by which Mbox decides which tracks to comprimise when transfering?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pro Tools LE assigns voices to the first 24 Audio Tracks (top to bottom when viewing the Edit Window) from a session created on a TDM system.

Quote:
the top 3 tracks in my session are Master, and two tracks for reverb. after transfer, those 3 tracks remain useable, however, the next 6 are " grey'ed out " ( unuseable ).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-Is it safe to assume the 2 Reverb Tracks are Aux Inputs (as opposed to Audio Tracks)? In any case, Master Faders and Aux Inputs do not use a voice...only Audio Tracks.

-As for the 6 greyed out Audio Tracks, try assigning a valid output...do they come back to life?

Quote:
also, what can i do before transfer (or after if possible) to be in control of which tracks are chosen?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">See above.

Quote:
lastly, anything key i should keep in mind about plug ins etc. that may also need to be taken care of before transfer?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A- If you Open and Save a TDM session in PT LE containing over 24 tracks (PT LE has a 24 audio track maximum), those extra tracks will be lost, but you can still access the playlists from these tracks in the "Other Playlists" submenu.

B- If you Open and Save a TDM session in PT LE containing plug-ins where you do not have an RTAS equivalent (or vice versa), those plug-ins and their associated settings will be permanently lost.

Brent
Old 06-19-2002, 01:06 PM

Default Re: transfering sessions from TDM to Mbox

thanks for advising a newcomer to the madness.