Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Default D-Control Surround Panner LFE Display

I am in the middle of a surround sound Mix. I cant seem to get the surround panner on my d-control to show the LFE. I know it used to however when I press Position button I would see it on the Right side of the screen. Any help Would Be Great.

Regards,
Skip.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: D-Control Surround Panner LFE Display

Hey Skip,

Hope you are great... Gil and I talked about it and think it might be a lingering bug from a few versions ago. We'll look into it...

Several mixers I have talked to said they prefer to have the LFE on an aux send instead of using the panner version... reasons they've stated:

1. You can put it on any row of knobs.
2. It's easy to then route it to an aux for Filtering and adding in Boom enhancing plug-ins...
3. The LFE knob on D-Control defaults to the top knob on the channelstrip view... Making it tough to get to... (especially with - as Larry Blake once said - with Middle Age Post Guy Belly!)

Cheers,
T

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Re: D-Control Surround Panner LFE Display

Hey Tom,

Any updates to this? When I updated to 10.2, I don't think it did any firmware updating. I liked to automate the LFE in surround panner section as it is difficult to reach it on the encoders while seated. Another option would be to allow the encoders to be switched from top to bottom, similar to how send inserts can be switched. But, it is really nice to be able to do it from the center section.

I do automate the LFE from an Aux from time to time, but usually only when i need to to treat the LFE signal. So, I do both.

Tom