Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Default Remote switching of Omni MON inputs?

Is there a way (preferable a Eucon command) to control turning on and off the MON routes in the OMNI hardware setup's MIXER? I currently have my computers optical feeding there for convenient iTunes listening, but it's a little annoying when mixing to have computer audio feeding all the time. Just looking for a quick way to turn these inputs on/off, rather than having to go through the Hardware setup dialogue.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Remote switching of Omni MON inputs?

Unfortunately to my knowledge that is not possible I get around that by having a monitor controller and route my outputs to that so I can switch between them and Not have to go through the Hardware setup......

Litehousemuzik
Audio Mixing Services
Old 07-29-2015, 03:37 PM

If you are on a mac you could try using SoundFlowerbed (Free) and use that to route your system's audio thru that using the optical output. Then you also end up with a volume control (just like using normal analogue out from your computer - on a mac this volume/mute control ability from the keyboard is lost using the optical out).

I use this to route standalone audio programs like the RX4 app to my omni.

HTH, R
Old 07-29-2015, 04:18 PM

The point is the Omni needs to be remote controllable. Eucon remote would be fantastic. I have my Omni is a rack on the other side of the room because it's noisy. I would love to be able to adjust the mic pres on it without getting up and walking 20 feet.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 07-29-2015, 04:21 PM

Submit a request on Idea Scale... Im sure the developers will prob get on that...With an increased Price point once its finished....:)

Litehousemuzik
Audio Mixing Services