Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 05-04-2009, 11:36 PM

Default PT8 Playlist Corruption?

Hi all -

I sent a client home last week with a fairly large session recorded on an HD3 PT8cs2 system (xw8400). She spent several hours comping her vocals using playlist lanes on a Macbook Pro LE MBox 2 Micro system (also PT8). Tonight she brought back the session and we started recording guitar takes.

I created two tracks (mic and DI) and grouped them. After recording several takes using "Create new playlist" each time, I noticed that the playlists on the grouped tracks were out of sync. For example, Gtr.03 and GtrDI.04. In searching back through the list of available playlists, I noticed that the first track (Gtr) had TWO playlists of the same name:
Gtr
Gtr.01
Gtr.02
Gtr.03
Gtr.03
Gtr.05
etc...
while the DI track had the normal list:
GtrDI
GtrDI.01
GtrDI.02
GtrDI.03
GtrDI.04
GtrDI.05
etc.

As I switched into and out of the different playlists (trying from both tracks' playlists) the second Gtr.03 eventually got named Gtr.03.01 automatically.

The big deal, for me, is that there is no apparent way to get back into the original .04 for the Gtr track - and subsequently that set of regions is gone. I didn't check, but they probably still were in the "Regions List." I'm afraid it would be a huge amount of work to reconstruct that particular playlist.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I've only been on PT8 for a few weeks. I was hoping to be a late adopter and avoid most of the pitfalls.

Thanks!

- Bart

PS. Let me also say that after switching playlists and messing around trying to find the original, ProTools eventually crashed out of the session with an "Out of Memory" error. This is not a large session and I have no plugs or anything out of the ordinary going on yet in the session. I had to use "End Process" to get completely out of ProTools as I had landed in an infinite stream of dialog boxes about an illegal operation. I can probably make it happen again if it would be meaningful to someone.