Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Default No decimal point snapshot workaround.

I just did a musical with the Profile surface because an SC48 wasn’t available. Since the profile series consoles don’t do decimal point scenes I have come up with a work around. The trick I use with the snapshots/scenes was to use the naming field next to the snapshot number and I name it with sequential numbers. So snapshot 3 I name C3 for Cue 3 and so on down the list. It is quick to do by double tapping the name and then as you type in the new information just hit tab (on the keyboard) when you are done with that field and it takes you to the next field.

This way when you want to insert a scene you just click on the Dup box on the snapshot page and it inserts a scene with a “+” appended to the name. You can go in and rename that cue to a decimal point later if you have a lot of them or just leave it as a “+”. Then just ignore the snapshot number and look at your “C” cue numbers.

I really wish you could assign the "Dup" to a User defined key to make that part quicker.

I hope this helps someone else, it really helped me out because we had to add a lot of cues as we went thru the rehearsals.