Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Creating Loops Efficiently

Probably another stupid question but i was taught one way to create an effective loop on pro tools. This way is to select 4 bars (for example), find the tempo manually using the tempo ruler and, by trial and error, typing in the numbers so the loop locks into place. This way is effective but i find that later on when i am duplicating the loop on a track, the loop seems to go "off tempo". It ends up either a little bit short or a little bit over. Even if i magnify the end of the loop 20 times it seems to lock into the 4 bars but when i duplicate it on the track it ends up a bit over or a bit short. Can anyone give some advice on creating loops so they dont end up being off when u duplicate it a number of times? I hope i worded this right.

Ren
Old 04-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Creating Loops Efficiently

Quote:
Probably another stupid question but i was taught one way to create an effective loop on pro tools. This way is to select 4 bars (for example), find the tempo manually using the tempo ruler and, by trial and error, typing in the numbers so the loop locks into place. This way is effective but i find that later on when i am duplicating the loop on a track, the loop seems to go "off tempo". It ends up either a little bit short or a little bit over. Even if i magnify the end of the loop 20 times it seems to lock into the 4 bars but when i duplicate it on the track it ends up a bit over or a bit short. Can anyone give some advice on creating loops so they dont end up being off when u duplicate it a number of times? I hope i worded this right.

Ren
Perhaps your regions slides off the grid simply because they ARE a a few miliseconds off the beat?

Make sure that you have the whole 4 bars highlighted when you perform the duplicate.

Try this way:

First by finding the tempo manually,(in grid mode) but only as close as the nearest bpm, for example 120 bpm instead of 119.8. Then use the time compression/expansion mode in the trim tool to adjust the region to the grid.

hope his will solve your problem!

good luck

arvid
Old 04-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Creating Loops Efficiently

great advice arvid.lind! i will try that method.