Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Re: ProTools 12.8.1 and Digi 003 Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangologist View Post
Hi all,

/snip/

I'm running PT 2018.12.0 with MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

I've download the Avid 003 family app (v. 11.1.5) the app recognises that the hardware is connected. But protools itself does not.

It most likely needs a firmware update. I've tried to force this by holding the Aux in 7/8 and Mute buttons which does put it into "Load firmware" mode. But when I start PT it doesn't push it out.

Any ideas/suggestions to get this going would be greatly appreciated.

You are not describing exactly what is going on, what *exactly* do you see. Until you do that nobody can really help you for sure.

Why are you assuming there is a needed firmware update?

What exactly does "But protools itself does not. [recognize the 003 is connected]" mean. Is the 003 selected as the Playback engine? Does it show up in the list of playback engine to choose from?

The 11.1.5 stuff you are downloading is the 003 driver (and OK a systems prefs panel), most folks would not refer to that as an app.

If the 003 does not show up as an option in the list of playback engine then you may need to mess around with the driver installs. You have to be careful about security notices during the driver install. Uninstall and resinstall the drivers with no other windows open on your desktop (that may hide popups) and deal with any security alerts that pop-up. Other discussion on DUC about this.

There are other recent threads about installing the 003 drivers on recent Mac OS releases on DUC.. you can search for them if needed.

---

If the 003 is selected as the playback engine but the inputs just don't work, that's a known Mojave "feature", well discussed on DUC.

Make sure "Pro Tools" is checked in Systems Preferences > Security & Privacy> Privacy > Microphone

---

If the 003 is selected as the playback engine and the Setup > IO settings don't look like you expect then you need to start by selecting all IO paths in Setup>IO>Input|Output|Bus delete them then click the default button each of those pages.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM

@ Daryll,

You're right, should be more specific here and was about to respond in more detail... BUT, following on from @Southsidemusic and your advice... basically, it seemed to be resolved with this:

Make sure "Pro Tools" is checked in Systems Preferences > Security & Privacy> Privacy > Microphone

Thank you all for the advice!

PT customer care (unsurprisingly) were not helpful at all with this. Which is a shame, as if it still works, and if people have the hardware, why not advice them as best they can? They can always just say "try this" with the caveat, that it's " though no longer officially supported". I asked them what i asked you guys and they said:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Avid. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The 003 is not compatible with Pro Tools 2018.12 and for Mojave because we have already ended the support/update for the 003. There are no more updated drivers for it. It's either you upgrade your interface or downgrade your OS and Pro Tools.

Here is a list of approved audio interfaces.

avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Pro-Tools-Approved-Audio-Interfaces-and-Peripherals

Best Regards,
Niρo
Avid Customer Care | Audio Post & Pro

But thanks to your advice this seems to be working. I haven't tested the ins yet but it is reading all the all the automations and all the controls seem to work.

For other users who come to this later.

I'm running PT 2018.12.0 with MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 I downloaded the driver, 11.1.5. - http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...02-003-Drivers the driver interface showed that PT recognised the hardware but nothing beyond that (maybe the drivers software was working in the background?!!?).

Then I just followed the advice above:

Then checked back in to setup > hardware > Avid 003

Then Setup > playback engine > Avid 003

Note, i do not have the driver UI open.

and now it all works.

Thanks again!!!!
Old 02-19-2019, 01:51 PM

Glad we could help

Thank you for the follow-up and details what you did so other members can be helped by this thread aswell.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-19-2019, 02:53 PM

Yep Djangologist, thanks for replying back.

I hear you with Avid support, but it's an EOL product and at some point Avid needs to cut things off. But...

1. The Mojave microphone security issue has nothing to do with the 003, it affects all interfaces using Mojave. Mojave is still not officially supported and that's such a black-eye for Avid, even more reason I wish support would have pointed you at this KB article (and fine, also say Mojave is not officially supported)... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nput-on-Mojave

2. And I at least wish they suggested asking on DUC

You do need to be careful with future macOS updates because of the lack of official support with the 003. I don't have a 003 but if I did for future upgrades I would be checking things out here on DUC first to see what other folks have working or not before upgrading.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:41 AM

003 working good here on Big Sur 11.2.3. Haven't ran to any anomalies yet the weeks using it.

*update*, Big Sur all of a sudden only works as an interface. No fader action. I didn't do any update. Maybe not playing nice with Open Core.

Last edited by basslik; 08-19-2021 at 06:54 PM.