Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 AM

Lightbulb Pro Tools SE All problems solved

This thread is for all the newbs out there that is struggling with Pro Tools SE.
In this i will go over 3 issues you might encounter and how to solve them.

1.) Error message ( Win XP ): "Pro Tools requires at least 1 GB of RAM to install "
Answer: Install Service Pack 3 : This link is only for Windows XP users. http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows...-security.html

Minimum Requirements:

Windows XP Home & Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3
Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32 & 64-bit) including Service Pack 1
1.8GHz multi-core processor (Intel or AMD)
5400 RPM hard drive
2 GB RAM for Windows 7 64-bit; 1 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit
1 available USB port for included hardware
Adobe Flash Player 10 (free at adobe.com)

Note: Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP-64-bit, and Windows Vista are not supported

Not supported means that it maybe possible to install SE on these OS's, but will give random issues here and there.

2.) No Sound through speakers:
Answer: That is because the sound is routed through your device, i.e. M-Audio fast track. Plug your headphones in your device,, not sound card and there you go.

3.) Plugged in guitar: No incoming signal- cannot record
Answer: Open new session.. Add new track, choose audio channel ( Stereo ) 2nd choice.
And poof..
Why ??, In a new session, the audio channel is a mono channel. however the wrong side on the stereo. so it does'nt pick up the incoming signal..
on the Stereo Audio channel, it will still record as mono, however both L&R is available. So the signal is picked up on the side that is available.

Note: If your Fast Track has a Direct monitoring button, be sure it's on, to hear what you are playing while recording. But remember then to mute your recording channel, otherwise you will hear double monitoring.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 AM

Arrow Re: Pro Tools SE All problems solved

But to be honest...

I figured out all the issues that I encountered with SE- and @ the end of the day I realized that it's a bit too limited for me. Especially with the tempo issue it has. ( altering Audio files when changing BPM ) it's like working on a demo-version of a DAW.

From the start SE has been a struggle.. And after I started working on it I kept on asking myself,, was it really worth it.

Today I evaluated the new REAPER: www.reaper.fm/ -- and it was just awesome.

It's like having a better version of SE. With so much more functionality and control.

For Newbs I would still recommend SE- because of it's simplicity.
but in this case I believe Reaper would be the better option for me.

Sorry to AVID- but hey.. My Fast Track is still the best thing I bought in my life.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE All problems solved

Does the m-audio fast track work with REAPER?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM

yeah it does.. tested it the other night. no problems @ all
Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 PM

Hello,

I am having trouble with SE not responding. It freezes when loading Plug-ins & stops @ Expand.. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am using SE with an M-Audio Mobile Pre interface on a duo core toshiba laptop.
It has 3g of ram & 80HD running windows 7 32-bit. An help appreciated.
On another matter, is Reaper compatible with an M-Audio Mobile Pre interface?

Thanks,
Dcader10
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routingwithin View Post
3.) Plugged in guitar: No incoming signal- cannot record
Answer: Open new session.. Add new track, choose audio channel ( Stereo ) 2nd choice.
And poof..
Why ??, In a new session, the audio channel is a mono channel. however the wrong side on the stereo. so it does'nt pick up the incoming signal..
on the Stereo Audio channel, it will still record as mono, however both L&R is available. So the signal is picked up on the side that is available.
Or you could, you know, do it correctly by creating a mono track and clicking on the "1" in the corner of the track header and choose input 2. This is the same place "1-2" appears if you have a stereo track.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM

Hi,

I'm surprised that M-Audio equiped Fast Track Pro with SE version. I bought couple months ago Fast Track with MP version which is more advanced

regards.
Adam