Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2022, 09:56 AM

Default Reinstatements

From what i understand, for those who have a perpetual licences reinstatements are back. So if I want to stop my plan I can buy a reinstatement in the future. Is this correct?
Old 04-27-2022, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Reinstatements

Buy the Reinstatement now, use it later. I doubt very much that Reinstatements will be around for long. The main point of the latest releases is to get as many people as possible on Subscription.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-27-2022, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Reinstatements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
From what i understand, for those who have a perpetual licences reinstatements are back. So if I want to stop my plan I can buy a reinstatement in the future. Is this correct?
Yes according to Avid, the made up game of reinstatements are indeed back but you never know if they may take them away again. Really annoying the constant changes in operation with Pro Tools.

Anyway, as the Weedman says you can always buy one now or later, to use it later down the road. They obviously price it to make you think about that decision and I think as long as you are confident you can hold out for an update all good. M1 compatibility would stop me from doing that, as no one knows when that might be and it is a big one for me.