Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 03-04-2023, 01:33 AM

Default Crossgrade from Perpetual Education to Normal Perpetual with subscription?

Hello dear people,
I have stopped working as an employed music teacher at institutions and only give music lessons directly as a self-employed person and give workshops in my recording studio for audio productions. This has not been accepted by the evaluation office from avid.
In my home base studio I have a normal Ultimate licence, on my laptop (where I also give workshops externally) I have the Studio Education licence, both are perpetual with active subscription.
Now I can no longer renew the Education tariff for the mobile STUDIO version and would like to convert it to a regular one so that I can continue to have Pro Tools up to date.

Unfortunately, this is not possible in the normal store. Has anyone had a similar case with a customer-friendly solution?
As I said, I continue to give workshops, demonstrate to young musicians in sessions how they can work with Pro Tools and produce their own music to a high standard and I currently have 2 trainees who I show Pro Tools to for their training in audio/video...but I am self-employed and not employed.

Last edited by Starfield; 03-04-2023 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Update System-ID
Old 03-04-2023, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Crossgrade from Perpetual Education to Normal Perpetual with subscription?

DO NOT PUT YOUR SYSTEM ID ONLINE!

This is a Users' site, NOT Avid Support.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Avid

Default Re: Crossgrade from Perpetual Education to Normal Perpetual with subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
Hello dear people,
I have stopped working as an employed music teacher at institutions and only give music lessons directly as a self-employed person and give workshops in my recording studio for audio productions. This has not been accepted by the evaluation office from avid.
In my home base studio I have a normal Ultimate licence, on my laptop (where I also give workshops externally) I have the Studio Education licence, both are perpetual with active subscription.
Now I can no longer renew the Education tariff for the mobile STUDIO version and would like to convert it to a regular one so that I can continue to have Pro Tools up to date.

Unfortunately, this is not possible in the normal store. Has anyone had a similar case with a customer-friendly solution?
As I said, I continue to give workshops, demonstrate to young musicians in sessions how they can work with Pro Tools and produce their own music to a high standard and I currently have 2 trainees who I show Pro Tools to for their training in audio/video...but I am self-employed and not employed.
Hi! You may submit this inquiry to our support page using the link below:

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

They can help you and give you options on how you can get your Perpetual EDU into a Non-EDU version.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:00 AM

Hm... I wrote to the support, opened a ticket to the sales-team and the Support-Team! I got only a mail that the Ticket is duplicate on Monday.
Since then there has been no more information... They also do not respond to a query e-mail. What's going on? My time with the subscription is running out, but nothing is happening....
Old 03-10-2023, 06:37 AM
Avid

I apologize about the inconvenience. Can you DM me your case number so I can check it on my end as well? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2023, 06:52 AM

Done...
Old 10-23-2023, 08:09 PM
SPAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
Hello dear people,

As I said, I continue to give workshops, demonstrate to young musicians in sessions how they can work with Pro Tools and produce their own music to a high standard and I currently have 2 trainees who I show Pro Tools to for their training in audio/video...but I am self-employed and not employed. I can also help students because I recently found a very good topic just for students. I know a lot of people are just inundated with meaningless writing papers, I can tell you how to fix it. I found best essay services UK https://uktopwriters.com/best-essay-writing-services/ and you can find and explore the list of services that can help with this too. I hope this has been helpful to you
I had the exact same thing and no adequate option was ever found.

Last edited by Bonaro; 10-23-2023 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
I had the exact same thing and no adequate option was ever found.
Hi Bonaro,

If you're moving from EDU to a non-EDU version, you can send your Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrade to our support team and they will assist you with getting to a standard version.

Feel free to DM me as well if you're having trouble getting support.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support